Pain

There was no sound. No one in the room made a single noise as we all stared at the body of the man I had just shot for a few moments.

And then everything went into mass chaos.

People shouted, and the fight resumed as if nothing had happened.

I sat on the ground in shock, not quite comprehending the fact that I had just killed the most important person on the opposing side and it didn't even really matter. 

I knew the fight wouldn't just stop when I killed Shane, that's not how it works. People don't just drop everything and become friends when their leader is dead. No, they fight like never before.

But surprisingly, no one paid any attention to me as I crouched on the floor, absolutely numb. No one stopped to fight me, no one even said a word.

Except for Harry. I hadn't forgotten about him, but my muddled brain hadn't been able to move myself even though every other fiber in my being was screaming 'GO HELP HIM, YOU FREAKING IDIOT!'

"Charlie," Harry whispered, staring at me disbelievingly. I heard him clearly, even through the clamor of the fight.

I snapped out of my haze, and crawled over to him as quickly as I could. Tears blurred my vision as I took in the wound Shane left.

"Harry, we need to get you out of here, you need to get to a hospital, we need to go!" I rambled, attempting to stop the bleeding from his stab as he winced. The blood poured out, and it gave me a sense of déjà vu. It was almost exactly like his other cut, but this one was worse. Blood had already soaked his shirt, and was pooling around his body faster than I would've thought possible.

"No, Charlie, listen to me," Harry choked out. I shook my head, silencing him as I pushed harder to keep the bleeding at bay. "Charlie!" Harry said sternly, and my head whipped to look him in the eyes. "I need you to listen. I love you, okay? I want you to know that. And if... if I don't live through this, you need to move on. I'll always love you, but I want you to find someone else, someone that can love you and keep you safe. I want you to take that person and hold him tight, and love him like you would love me. Because if I don't make it, I need to know that you'll be okay. I need to know that you'll go on and have kids and fall in love again and be yourself. I can't be a burden to you, and I can't drag you back. Because you can do great things. You'll be wonderful, beautiful, the best thing the world has ever seen. You'll do well, Charlie. With or without me, you'll do well. If I die, you need to follow your dreams and forget about me. Keep me in your heart, but don't let my death get in your way. Okay? Can you promise me that?" Harry wheezed out, and I wiped my tear stained cheeks, shaking my head furiously.

"No," I stated sternly. "No, I can't."

"Please, Charlie," he breathed, struggling to keep his eyes open.

"No, okay?!" I screamed, and some heads turned my way as the fight drew to a close. "I can't! I freaking can't! Because if I lose you, I'll lose myself. I don't care if I have the perfect man to the entire world outside my door for the rest of my life. I won't take him, because he's not perfect to me. You are, Harry. You're perfect, and no one else could ever take your place. If you die, I'll take a gun to my head and take myself with you," I choked out, full on sobbing.