Unexpected

"When you're ready, come and get it. Nananana!" I sang along to the song playing on the radio as we drove to the store.

"Oh, I'm ready," Harry mumbled, turning a corner. "But I don't think this is the proper time."

"Harry!" I gasped, but I smiled as I swatted his arm. He grinned at me.

"Or, we could do it anyways..." He trailed off, raising his brows.

"No."

"Aw, come on! You're no fun," Harry pouted. I hit him again, and he rubbed his arm. "I have got to stop teaching you to hit that hard."

Nessa giggled in the backseat. We pulled up to a store, and piled out of the car.

"Uncle Harry, why are we here?" Nessa said with wide eyes. She gazed up at the sign of the store, and the picture next to it, a teddy bear.

"You can pick out as many toys as you want, Ness," he smiled, and took her hand. She skipped into the store with him, and I knew we had made the right decision.

Nessa went straight to the stuffed animals, and Harry lifted her onto his shoulders. She looked from one animal to another, her eyes finally resting on one in particular.

"That one," she whispered, pointing. Harry brought her to it, and she snatched it from the pile, holding it out for inspection. I watched from behind them as she nodded, and tucked it into the crook of her arm.

I caught a glimpse of the toy, it was a bright yellow cat. She grabbed a small green bunny also, saying to her cat, "I wouldn't want you to get lonely."

Harry set her down, and she ran to the dolls. She saw the Barbies, and immediately grappled for two, a boy and a girl. They came in the same box, along with a stroller, twin babies, and a toddler girl. She held the box to Harry, grinning, before going back to find a house for them to live in.

"Uncle Harry, that one," she gasped, jumping up and down as she pointed to a huge house, complete with an elevator. He pulled it off the shelf, handing the dolls themselves to me.

Nessa dashed back down the aisle, picking four more boy dolls carefully.

One with blonde hair, two with brown, and one with black. I took a closer look at the dolls in my hands.

The boy had dark brown hair, the girl a shade lighter, and the small girl Nessa's color.

I realized what she was doing. "Harry," I whispered in awe. "She's making us."

I showed him the dolls she had chosen, and he let out a surprised breath before jogging to catch up to Nessa again. She held out two costumes, one blue and one pink, both princesses. And then she marched to the checkout line.

We paid for all the toys, and Nessa hummed happily the whole way home, hugging her stuffed animals. She brought them inside, and ordered Harry to put the dollhouse together.

He set it up in the living room, where Niall, Zayn, Liam, and Louis were watching TV. They looked at him confused, but didn't question.

It didn't take long, only a few screws here and there and the house was finished. Nessa and I had pulled the dolls out of their packages, and she was sitting on the floor, waiting to play.

Harry sat down next to Nessa as she played in the middle of the room, oblivious to anyone watching. The rest of the boys had forgotten about the TV, instead observing the little girl on the floor.

"Alright, everybody, it's time to move into our new house!" Nessa said softly, holding two dolls up and moving one, signifying it was the one talking. She set them down, and started setting furniture into the house. "There, all done."