Bloody

I stood shocked as Harry began to follow Shane inside the house. He was covering his face with his hand, and avoided looking at me as he brushed past.

He slammed the door closed after him, and I snapped out of my reverie.

Glancing down at the porch, I saw drops of blood. Nausea swept over me, and my heart pounded. I swung the door back open, and dashed after Harry.

He was in a bathroom, struggling to get his shirt off while his nose was still pouring blood. I put a hand on his shoulder, pulling the hem back down.

"Nose first," I whispered. Harry spun to face me, his eyes wide. He smiled grimly.

"Here to tell me that was the stupidest idea I've ever had?" He asked. "Because I know. You don't need to make it worse."

"No, I'm here to get your nose to stop bleeding," I said gently, grabbing a clean washcloth and getting it wet. "Sit down. I'm not that tall."

Harry sat reluctantly on the toilet lid, and I wiped the drying blood off his neck and chin. His lip was swelling, so I decided to fix that later.

A drop of blood fell from his nose onto my arm. I ignored it, tipping Harry's head back and holding the cloth up to his nose lightly.

"That's gonna feel like you're swallowing blood," I said, taking his hand and putting it up to hold the cloth. "And you kinda are. Don't worry about it. If you tilt your head forward, it'll cause too much pressure."

I let go, and Harry watched me as I opened the cabinet and searched for bandages and antiseptic. I found each, sitting on the counter and pulling his free hand towards me. I put a glob of the antiseptic on my finger, and dabbed it across Harry's cut knuckles. He winced slightly, and I wrapped his hand in a big bandage.

"Switch," I said gently, and put his newly bandaged hand up to hold the bloody cloth. I took his other, and repeated bandaging it.

"How do you know all this?" Harry asked, watching me as I put antiseptic on the last knuckle. I smiled a little.

"I've had to fix my fair share of Nessa's cuts," I said. "Mom got a bit... distracted... sometimes."

I let go of Harry's hand when I was done, and he examined it, his head falling forward. I held his chin and pushed it back.

"Keep it back," I said, and he nodded slightly.

After a few more minutes, I slowly removed the cloth from Harry's nose. It was no longer bleeding, but there was dried blood beneath it.

I instructed Harry to keep his head back again, and carried the bloody washcloth to the sink. I rinsed it the best I could, watching the water turn pink.

I got a new cloth, getting the corner wet. I wrapped the corner around the tip my finger, and brought it back to Harry.

I carefully rubbed the blood from above his lip, making sure not to start his bloody nose again. When done, I rinsed that cloth too.

I washed my hands and arms, which were flecked with Harry's blood.

I glanced back at him. His lip's swelling was down a bit, and he was staring at me.

"I'll be right back," I said. I went to the kitchen and grabbed a bit of ice, putting it in a bag and wrapping it in a towel.

When I returned to the bathroom, Harry was standing in front of the mirror, poking softly at his stomach. He winced, raising his shirt.

His entire chest and core were covered in purplish bruises.

I sucked in air fast, and Harry dropped his shirt quickly. He spun around, and I looked up at him, eyes wide.