Confession

I didn't tell him. How could I? I didn't know how he would react, what he would say... so I kept quiet.

He got better. After a few more days, he was called to return to the doctor's, and they removed his stitches. He came home that day bouncing off the walls.

"Come on, Charlie," he laughed, pulling me to the doors leading to the backyard. Nessa trailed behind, admiring the art on the walls in the house.

"What are you doing?" I giggled, jogging to keep from toppling over. Harry just smiled, leading me out into the fresh summer air. I inhaled deeply, smelling newly cut grass.

Nessa picked up a flower, handing it to me. I knelt down to her height. "Thank you, sweetie," I whispered, kissing her forehead. She smiled sweetly.

Nessa hadn't spoken a word to anyone outside of Harry and me since we got her back from the Gremlins. She ignored everyone else, keeping her distance.

Harry never told me she talked to him. The only reason I knew she did was because I walked in on her sitting in his lap one day, fiddling with her fingers as she told Harry a story. I had smiled from the doorway, and Harry winked at me.

I shook my head slightly, feeling sorry for her. She had been through a lot, and didn't deserve it. I sighed, coming back to the present.

"Earth to Charlie," Harry said slyly, waving a hand in front of my face. I glared at him, and Nessa giggled. He kissed my cheek. "Nice of you to join us."

I really wanted to throw my arms around his neck and hold him close, but stiffened slightly and refrained. "Whoops," I said sarcastically, and Harry laughed.

Harry rubbed his hand together, smirking. "Let's get started," he whispered, and I drew my eyebrows together.

"What...?" I began, but was cut off when Harry launched himself at me, knocking me to the ground. I gasped for air, bringing my elbow up into his ribs, his eyes widened in surprise, and they got an evil glint.

You didn't actually think I forgot about his promise to teach us to fight, did you?

I grinned at him sweetly, before shrugging innocently. The blow didn't hurt him, but that was the point.

He raised a brow, and Nessa giggled at us on the ground, Harry pinning me down.

"You ready?" he whispered, licking his lips. In answer, I lifted my knee up, right into a spot he didn't like. His eyes widened, then narrowed, picking me up and flipping me. I sailed through the air, somersaulting right back into a standing position and running after him.

He inhaled in surprise, and barely got his arm up in time to block my foot from connecting with his side. I jabbed my elbow up into his neck, softening the blow a bit as he gasped for air.

"You're a bit out of shape, Styles," I stated, and he glared at me from his crouched position.

"How... did... you learn that?" he asked in between breaths of air.

I shrugged. "I got Niall and Zayn to help me," I said, examining my nails.

"What?!" he yelled angrily, and I looked up in shock. His face was stony, but I could see the humor in his eyes.

"Yeah," I sighed happily. "Get me a head start, ya know? Nessa has some moves, too."

This time it was Harry's turn to be confused. "She does?"

I nodded happily, turning to Nessa. "Get him," I whispered to her, smiling. She grinned evilly, dashing towards Harry and planting a spinning kick into the back of his knee. He sank forward, and fell on the ground as Nessa sat on him, throwing punches and flying elbows like nobody's business.