Running

Harry's POV

I watched Charlie sprint away from me, my mouth in a grim line. I knew something like this would happen. Just when I started to actually get somewhere...

I glanced down at Clay and the bodyguard's corpses, assessing the damage. Sighing, I exited the alley calmly, deciding to leave the bodies for someone else to take care of.

The police don't investigate too much into gang deaths.

I knew I should've left Charlie alone. She needed time to, well, digest. But I couldn't wait for her to come back to me on her own; it would take too long.

I walked back to my car, hopping in and starting the engine. I drove myself home, starting to form a plan.

I needed someone else to check up on her for me. Someone like... One of the other boys.

I stepped in the house, my spirit lifting a little at how it would turn out. I waved to Niall in the kitchen, starting up the steps to change.

I passed Shane's room, peeking inside. He was nowhere to be found.

I came to a sudden halt. Louis climbed up the stairs, pausing when he saw me standing in the hallway.

"Harry, mate? You okay? We all heard about the, uh, thing."

"Where's Shane?" I asked, ignoring his question and turning to face him.

Louis scratched his head. "I think he left just before you got back."

"Where was he going?" I demanded, stepping closer.

Lou held up his hands in surrender. "I don't know. He didn't say."

I ran a hand through my hair, frustrated. "I need you to go to Charlie's house and make sure he isn't there."

Louis nodded slowly, a confused look on his face. He went back down the steps, and grabbed his keys from the hook by the door.

He turned back, giving me one last look. "What do you want me to do if he is?"

"Get him away. I don't care what it takes."

Charlie's POV

I took a cab home, opening the door and stepping inside. I ran up to my room to change out of my clothes before my mom saw them, considering there were flecks of blood spattered on my front.

I threw the dirty outfit in the washing machine with disgust, pulling on a new pair of jean shorts and a yellow cropped tank. I flopped on my bed, refusing to think about what had happened.

It didn't last long.

I tried to sleep, but images of Harry beating someone filled my mind. At first it was the bodyguard, but as I slowly drifted off, the person became me.

I shot up in bed, shrieking slightly. I stared at myself in the mirror opposite me, watching my chest heave and my pale face stand out like a ghost.

I looked like I was dead.

I touched my cheek, feeling the smooth, cool surface under my fingertips. A tear rolled down my face, and I stared at it as if I had never seen one before.

The doorbell rang, startling me. I hastily wiped my eyes, standing and running down the steps to answer it.

I opened the door, recognizing Shane's face. I blinked at him, and he immediately pulled me in for a hug.

"I heard. Are you alright?" He asked.

I tried to say I was, but the words wouldn't come out of mouth. Shane pulled back, and led me over to his car.

"I'm so sorry," he said. "Do you want to go to Starbucks and talk about it?"

I nodded slowly, and Shane pulled open the car door for me to slide in. He got in the other side, and drove to the nearest Starbucks.

Once inside, I ordered a small frappe and Shane got a tea. We sat in a booth near the corner, waiting for our drinks to come.

"So what happened?" Shane asked, his eyes sympathetic.

I sighed. "Harry and I were walking down the street, and some guy shouted at us. Harry told me to run, but I didn't get far before another man grabbed me and pulled me back," I wrung my hands together. "The first guy-Clay I think-was telling Harry he was going to kill him, and then started talking to me. He basically said I was a defiant little bitch and slapped me a few times, telling Harry he could straighten me out really fast. Sirens started, and we had to go to a back alley. I started arguing with Clay, and Harry took the chance to shoot him."

Shane reached across the table and took my hand, rubbing circles on the back of it with his thumb.

"The man who was holding me tried to get Harry, but he couldn't do it. Harry... beat him to death... with the back of the gun," I finished, putting a hand over my mouth and fighting back tears.

Shane looked at me apologetically, and one of the employees called our names to come get the drinks. Shane got up, kissed my forehead, and said he would be back soon.

I sighed, pulling out my phone to distract me.

I had just unlocked it when someone slid into the booth across from me. I glanced up, and blinked, because it wasn't Shane. It was Louis.

I looked to the counter, but Shane was nowhere to be found.

"I told him his car was about to be towed," Louis said smiling. "He was out of here like a rocket."

I glared at him, focusing back on my phone. "I really don't want to talk to you right now, Louis. I've got a lot on my mind."

"Like the fact that Harry just saved you from being abused for the rest of your life and you ran away from him?"

My eyes shot back to his face. "No, like the fact that Harry killed two people today while I watched."

Louis shrugged. "All part of being in a gang."

"I am not in your damn gang!" I exclaimed, and several people turned to stare at me. I lowered my voice. "Do I really look like the type of person to be involved in one of those?"

"No," Louis admitted. "But you are. The second you let Harry and Shane in your house was the second you became part of it."

"I don't want anything to do with your fucking gang," I growled, narrowing my eyes. "And I never will."

Louis shook his head, smiling. "We'll see about that."

"That's what everyone says!" I said, exasperated. "First Harry, then Clay, now you!"

"Wait, whoa. You know Clay?"

"Knew. He's the one Harry... Uh... Shot," I said, wincing as the words came out.

Louis whistled. "That's big," he said. "That's a whole gang he took out then. The rest of those boys couldn't lead a group if their life depended on it." I cringed. "Sorry, bad analogy."

"Louis, my car was parked in a perfectly legal-why are you sitting here?" Shane returned.

"Making conversation," Louis gestured at me.

"Come on, Charlie," Shane said, holding out a hand for me to take. "We can leave if he's bothering you."

I grabbed Shane's hand, and stood up from my seat. Louis chuckled.

"Really, Charlie? You'd rather leave with the player than sit here and chat with me?" I felt Shane stiffen. "I mean, it's quite obvious all he wants to do is get in your pants," Louis continued.

I looked at Shane, horrified. He grabbed my wrist, holding me in place. I winced at the grip he had.

Louis shook his head. "Shane, drop her arm."

"You had to bring it up, didn't you?" Shane asked, tightening his fingers. I gasped, feeling his nails begin to pinch my skin.

"Mate, let go," Louis warned.

"Or what?" Shane spat. "I'm going to get her anyway. You can't stop it, and neither can Harry."

"Harry fucking cares about her!" Louis roared. I flinched, and Shane's fingers began to cut off the circulation to my hand. "Harry would try to make it easier on her! All you want to do is get a good fuck or two and leave her to deal with the rest!"

"So what?" Shane yelled. "Is it illegal to want to fuck someone?"

"You weren't at the dibs. I personally don't want her, but I know Harry does. You only get your chance after he has his."

Shane laughed coldly. "I'm pretty sure he blew his when he murdered two people in front of her today."

Shane yanked on my arm, pulling me away. I squeezed my eyes shut against the pain, and images from earlier that day flooded my brain. I started to shake.

"I am not a piece of fucking property." I said, my voice low and menacing. Shane laughed.

"Not property? Please. You belong to whoever fucks you first. Which is going to be me," he chuckled.

I narrowed my eyes, and kicked his shin as hard as I could. He yelled out, and dropped my arm. I twisted away from them, and dashed out of Starbucks, running down the street for the second time that day.

.:.:.::.:.:..:.:..:.:.:.:.:.:::.:.:.:.::.:.:.:.::.:.:.:.:.

A/N:

OMG YOU GUYS I CAN'T BREATHE THIS STORY HAS 200+ READS AND 5 VOTES IM CRYING I LOVE YOU ALL

Okay, I need to calm down. BUT IM SO HAPPY!!!

Well, anywayyyyyyyy...

BOOM WHAT DID YOU THINK OF THAT, EH? SHANE ES UN JACKASSO!!! HAHAHA

ILYSM CAN WE GET TO 7 VOTES/COMMENTS THAT'S A WHOLE TWO... EASY, RIGHT??

ILYSM