Complications

I shut the door again as I had only hours before. I leaned against the back of it, putting my head between my knees to stop myself from shaking so badly.

A few minutes later, I stood, making my way back to the living room, noticing a piece of paper on the recliner where Harry had been sitting. I walked over to it warily, picking it up as if it might spontaneously combust or something.

I read over the neat scribbles, positive he had left it on purpose.

Be ready to leave at seven tonight. I'll come pick you up
-Harry

I crumpled the note, tossing it in the bin with the tape from the moving boxes.

Moving boxes. That was what I needed. A distraction from this One Direction/Harry/chase business.

Feeling a new sense of purpose, I trooped back up to my room. I picked my laptop off the bed and set it on my desk, opening Spotify and blasting one of my favorite playlists. Then, I grabbed one of the many boxes from the floor and opened it, beginning to unpack.

HARRY'S POV

The boys greeted me the second I had stepped in the door.

"What did she do?" Zayn asked.

I grinned at him, walking to the kitchen and popping the top on a can of soda. "Stood like a deer caught in headlights."

Zayn laughed, and I walked into the living room. Most of the gang was there, not just Liam, Niall, Louis, and Zayn.

I glanced at the faces, only recognizing a few. One Direction gained members almost daily, and it seemed we had more new than old at that point.

"Hey Harry," a guy named Shane called. "Where ya been?"

I glanced at Liam, who slightly shook his head. I stayed quiet.

Shane mock gasped, eyes wide. "You saw a new bird! Who is she?"

I glared at him. "None of your business."

Shane laid back in his chair lazily. "But it could be."

"How so?" I growled.

"If I fuck your bird first."

I stiffened. Louis came up and put a hand on my shoulder. "Ignore him, mate. He's being hotheaded as usual."

"What about that, Harry? I saw her in the park talking to you. Fit catch. Damn sexy body. Nice ass," Shane said contemplatively.

"Shut up," I spit.

"I know all of you are in the dibs process," he said, motioning to Liam, Niall, Louis, Zayn and I. "But I'm not. Means I can fuck who I want, when I want, where I want. Even your bird."

I clenched my fists. "I said, shut up."

"What ya gonna do, Harry? Beat me up? You know you can't do that," Shane sneered.

As much as I hated to admit it, he was right. If I fought him, I'd get kicked out of the gang. And I had nowhere else to go.

Shane smirked, knowing he had won the battle. I sent him one last glare, before stomping out of the room and up the stairs.

On my way to my room, I passed a newbie making out with some girl. "Use protection!" I called, grinning as the girl giggled and the guy gripped her butt.

Ah, the joy of being powerful. I knew the feeling. It becomes addicting, almost drowning out your desire for anything else.

When someone takes that feeling away, you'll do anything to get it back. Cough Charlie cough.

I flopped on my bed, fully aware Shane would do what he said. He was addicted to the power, just like the rest of us.

But I couldn't let him get to Charlie. Not now, not ever.

Nope, I was going to have to fuck her first. Even if it meant breaking the dibs rules.

I opened a magazine, skimming through pages of bikini-clad models laying on expensive as hell race cars. I didn't take in a word of what it was saying, my mind was preoccupied with thoughts of Charlie.

She was different. Very different. Mostly because only a few girls ever resisted all of us. They were usually the ones who weren't that hot to begin with, or had the "I'm too cool for you" attitude.

But nobody as attractive as Charlie had ever said no. But as I had told her, we could handle a good chase. Honestly, I thought it would be fun.

But we had the tiny problem called Shane.

I sighed, closing to magazine and glancing at the clock. It was almost seven, which meant I should've been going back to Charlie's.

I threw on a white tee shirt and some clean jeans, and climbed in my car.

"Have fun with the birdie!" Shane called. "I'll make sure to ask her how she feels about you before we fuck."

I slammed the car into drive, stepping on the gas and roaring down the street. A few minutes later, I parked along the curb by Charlie's house and rang her doorbell.

Nessa pulled it open.

I bent down to the little girl's height, smiling. "Hey, Ness."

"Hi Uncle Harry," she giggled.

"Nessa, who's at the door?" Charlie called, coming around the corner. She stopped when she saw me. "Harry, I'm not going with you."

I looked her up and down. She was wearing grey sweatpants and a white shirt, her hair in a bun. "That's fine," I said. "We can stay here."

She shook her head, glaring. She stepped closer carefully, grabbing Nessa's hand and pulling her away from me. "I'm going to need you to leave," she said sternly.

"And why would that be?" I asked, sticking my hands in my pockets.

"I don't want to see you," she said, pushing the door closed.

I stuck my hand out, stopping it with only a few inches of space open. "That's not any way to treat a guest," I said, grinning cheekily.

Charlie glared, her mouth forming a hard line. "Goodbye, Harry."

I smiled at her, laughing a bit. It caught her off guard, and she released a bit of pressure on the door. I pushed it open wider, so I could see her better.

"What?" She asked.

"Nothing. You're just cute," I said, looking her in the eyes. She glanced away.

"Goodbye, Harry," she repeated, beginning to shut the door again. This time, I let it click closed.

CHARLIE'S POV

I watched Harry climb back into his car from the front window. He drove down the road, and I relaxed.

That damn boy.

I started up the steps, only getting halfway before the bell rang again.

My heartbeat picked up. He was back. I slowly walked back to the door, opening it and putting my best "you pissed me off" face.

"What?" I asked, irritated, looking behind me at Nessa, who was playing with pots as my mother cooked.

"Sorry, I can leave," someone said. I spun back around, looking up at the person I had addressed.

It wasn't Harry.

"Oh gosh, I'm so sorry, I thought you were someone else," I laughed. The boy on my front stoop smiled, laughing too.

"I thought so," he chuckled.

"Can I help you?" I asked warily.

"Oh, yeah, sorry. I just saw you moving in and wanted to see how you were doing," he scratched his head nervously.

"Okay. Well, hello. My name's Charlie," I said, sticking out my hand. He grinned, taking it.

"Shane."

:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:

<b>HAI GUYS IM BACK!!!

What do you all think so far? I would really appreciate any votes, comments, etc that you have... They would literally make my day lol

Any questions about the story? I'd be happy to answer them:)))))

Do do doooo...

OH WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK ABOUT BRITISH GQ SAYING ALL THAT SHIT ABOUT THE BOYS I WANTED TO SLICE THEM WITH A CHAINSAW BUT DETAILS

IM SERIOUS

OKAY IM DONE NOW TELL ME WAT U THINK

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

ILY ALL BAI</b>