Chapter 1

Rylee's POV- 

Rylee's POV- 

"Bitch, wake up!"

I shrieked and got up with a jolt. My eyes instantly flew open and I shrieked yet again, finding Kyle standing right in front of me.

"What the fuck, Kyle?!" I yelled, rubbing my hands over my face.

He shrugged. "I tried waking you up the easy way, but you didn't listen."

I rolled my eyes, but then a thought crossed me.

"Wait, Kyle, how did you get in my house?" I asked, scrunching up my nose.

He sighed. "I always knew you had a short-term memory loss."

He then smacked my head. "Did you forget? We had a movie marathon yesterday and I fell asleep in your house?"

Oh, ya.

 "Alright, come on Ry. Time to go to work," He declared and went out of the room. I had few of Kyle's clothes in my house as well due to the sleep overs we had.

If you assumed that Kyle was my boyfriend, you would be so wrong. He is my bestfriend and is gay. He treats me like his sister. 

I owned a multi-national tech company, which flourished over the last 4 years. Kyle owned a fashion boutique and was one of the best fashion designers in Sydney.

I had previously worked for a big businessman, Alexander, as his PA. After gaining some experience and skills, I quit that job and decided to start my own company. 

 I yawned and walked into the bathroom and turned on the shower. The hot droplets hit me on my face with force. 

Suddenly, a person crossed my mind.

Lucifer.

I broke up with Lucifer 2 years ago...

2 years since I left him after learning that he was the American Mafia leader. I didn't regret it though. Almost every single day, cases like 'Explosion taken place in Manhattan by the American Mafia' and 'American Mafia responsible for innocent deaths' flashed on the news.

I started dating Lucifer when I was 18. We dated for 4 years which broke off 2 years back. I still remember our first meeting.

~6 years back~

"Ryl, it's your first day of high school. Have fun, sweetheart!" Mom wished and kissed me on my cheek. 

I waved at her and walked into the college. As I walked through the corridors, I saw the people divided into groups like any typical college clique- you had the queen bees, bad boys, nerds, cheer leaders, and of course, average people like me.

I felt a soft tap on my shoulder and I turned around to face a blond guy.

He smiled at me and waved. "Hey, are you new here?"