Chapter 6

Rylee's POV-

Rylee's POV-

The plane landed in the New York airport and he still didn't uncuff me. I didn't change since the beginning and was only in my bras and pjs, so Lucifer put his spare white shirt on me. It exposed my neck so everyone could see I'm 'his', which I was obviously not.

He held me by my arm gently and dragged me down the stairs of the jet. 

There were five black SUVs and one black Mercedes lined in front of the plane. Approximately fifty men in black suits were standing in a line outside the jet. 

I tried grabbing one of the men's attention but he just looked at me with a stone face. Pity flashed in his eyes but went as quickly as it came. 

"They won't help you, Ryl. They know the consequences too well," Lucifer said, noticing what I was trying to do.

He pushed me into the passenger seat of the Mercedes while he drove the car. 

I tried to open the car door but my hands were restrained behind my back. 

"Why do you try escaping when you still love me?" 

I clenched my jaw and glared at him.

"Okay, I still love you. So what? Does that give you the right to kidnap me? Of course not!" I exasperatedly raised my hands in the air.

He gave me a knowing smile. "So you admit you still love me?"

I took a deep breath.

"Luc, that's beside the point. What I was saying that, loving you doesn't justify what you're doing to me. It doesn't justify you kidnapping me, taking me away from the life I had back in Australia."

I pursed my lips.

"I loved you, Lucifer. Maybe I still do. However, right now, I wish I didn't."

Lucifer stayed silent after that and continued driving.

I thought I had moved on, but now...looking at Lucifer, my feelings were resurfacing.

But it wasn't going to work out- he was a criminal, mafia king to be precise, and I was just a normal person with no intention of meddling in illegal affairs. 

Okay, maybe the only illegal activity I had done was taking part in underground boxing tournaments. That's it! I swear!

My mind drifted off to the memories we spent with each other- him taking me out for romantic dates, vacations, our steamy make-out sessions. 

I lost my first kiss and my virginity to him.

I loved him, still, but he didn't need to know.

"We reached," Lucifer announced, breaking my thoughts. 

"Welcome to our home," He declared. 

"Ours? No, no. Take me back home, Lucifer," I requested. 

He ignored me and tried to hold my arm but I pulled back. I retreated my steps and started running in the opposite direction, which was hard considering my hands were cuffed.

"Rylee!" I heard him yell, but I didn't care. 

I saw the main road and was about to ask someone for help, when I felt a pinch on my neck. 

I started feeling drowsy and it was not long before darkness completely consumed me. I remembered falling into 2 arms who held me tightly.

●・○・●・○・●

I felt a soft surface under me. 

I registered what happened before and my eyes snapped open.

"Had a nice sleep, love?"  

I turned and saw Lucifer sitting on the sofa watching my intently. 

"How long have you been watching me like a creep?"  

"An hour."

"I was asleep for an hour?!" I yelled. 

Holy shit. 

He nodded.

"How's the room?" 

Damn, it was larger than mine and exactly how I wanted it. It was exactly how I wanted my dream room to be, and had several showpieces on the shelf. 

From the glass window, the entire aerial view of New York could be seen.

"I had it made as per your taste," Lucifer said. 

Oh wait, he drugged me. 

"How dare you sedate me!?" I yelled at him. 

I was bloody furious. 

"Ryl, you ran away. I had no choice," He explained. 

"I wouldn't have ran away if you hadn't kidnapped me in the first place," I argued back. 

I cleared my throat. Aggression isn't gonna work.

"Lucifer, sit on the bed, please," I requested, adding please for more politeness. 

He raised one of his brows questioningly at my sudden softness, but sat down of the bed facing me anyways.

"Look, Lucifer. You are the mafia king and I am just a normal person with a normal life. Our lives are contrasting. Try and understand," I explained. 

He just looked at me with a blank face. "I don't care. So what if I am a mafia king? Why are you making such a big deal about it?" 

My eyes widened. "Maybe because of the fact that you are a criminal and you murder people!" 

"I don't kill innocents."

"Yes, you do! You were behind those explosions! It was all over news!" 

"No innocent person died in that attack. Only the rival mafia men were killed."

"Please leave me alone," I requested, "Let me go."

"Never," Was his one word reply. 

He got up and walked close to me. I moved back on the bed till my back hit the headboard. He leaned in towards my ear.

Tears threatened to fall out. I felt trapped.

"Sh, sh, sh. Don't cry love," He said, wiping a traitor tear which I didn't even know rolled down. 

I rubbed my face in frustration. 

Just then, a thought struck me. 

"Luc, my-my company. I need to go back! My company needs me!"

He smiled softly. 

"I'm so, so proud of the successful businesswoman you became," He whispered, caressing my cheeks.

I gritted my teeth. "I have a company to look after."

"You can operate your company from New York as well," He said simply. 

"But-"

"Get ready, dinner will be in an hour," He interrupted and kissed my forehead. 

He walked out of the room, locking the door behind him.

Wow, I had to have dinner with him now. Great. Just great.

Chapter 6 done! 

Comment and vote!

Love Y'all!😘