Chapter 23

Rylee's POV-

"Holy shit! How did you run away?!"

"Well, Andrew was about to catch me when Ford tackled him to the ground so I could run."

I finished telling Alexia everything. Currently, we both were sprawled on her bed. 

"Girl, you need to be more careful. I won't let you step out of the house now," Alex instructed sternly. 

I nodded. 

"Okay, now enough about Lucifer," I said with frustration, "How's your love life?" 

She rolled her eyes. "Boring."

"Come on. There has to be some hot guy!"

"I mean, there is...," She trailed off.

"Details. Now."

"He is my boss and he's super hot. He stares at me all day long. Whenever he sees any male colleagues with me, he scares them away," She said with a sigh.

"Ooh, got someone possessive, huh?" I joked.

"He never even talks to me beside work," She groaned, "but gets all worked up when I'm with other men."

"Do you like him?"

"Eh, not anymore. I would rather focus on my work," She said, rolling her eyes.

"You could date him," I suggested with a shrug. 

"Nah. I bet people will think I'm sleeping with him for a promotion or something."

"Hmm. True."

"Okay, now, tell me about the guy you stayed with," She said with an excited giggle.

"Ugh...It was just for like 5 days," I groaned, but she was persistent.

"Fine. His name is Chris and he's cute," I replied, blushing. 

"Why did you leave him?" Alex asked frowning.

"Because if Lucifer found me, which is extremely possible, Chris would be in trouble. I bet Lucifer would kill him," I replied, shuddering.

Alex hummed in understanding. 

"Oh!" She exclaimed as if she just remembered something. 

She jumped out of the bed, ran to the closet, and removed a book from it. She gave it to me and I looked at it in confusion. 

It was a photo album. I slowly opened it a soft smile graced my lips looking at the first picture.

 Alexia, my dog- Pluto, and I were sitting on top of a cupboard, trying to hide from our parents. I was 8 and Alex was 7. Don't even ask how we got Pluto up there with us, I have no clue.

I flipped the pages, recollecting the funny moments we had. Suddenly, a picture caught my attention. My eyes were glued to it.

Lucifer and I...

It was my first prom in college and we were partners. I was wearing a red off shoulder grown with a slit, and Lucifer wore a smart black suit with his styled into a messy undercut, making him look ravishing. I was smiling widely at the camera while Lucifer held my waist possessively, gazing at me with a genuine beam on his face. 

On the next page, there was a picture of us doing the dip pose while locking lips with each other passionately.