Chapter 31

Guys, this is the longest chapter I wrote and I really hope you like it. Please do vote to show your love💖🥰

I walked into a room, which was adjoined to the wedding hall itself. I stripped out of the heavy gown. I then wore my black leggings and slipped a loose white shirt over head. After tying my hair into a ponytail, I walked out of the room and back into the hall.

All eyes were on me. 

Everyone looked surprised and shocked. Why wouldn't they be? I mean, who sees a bride wearing leggings and a shirt right after her vows?

All the men were wearing smart suits and the women wore amazing gowns and dresses. And here I was. In leggings and a shirt. And I also happened to be the bride. I walked over to Lucifer, who seemed to be expecting this. He didn't look surprised.

"You didn't expect me to continue wearing that heavy gown, did you?" I asked rhetorically as I approached him. 

He chuckled and shook his head. "No. On the other hand, I was actually expecting you to do that. Typical Rylee. Loves to break rules. I have such a feisty wife."

"Hello, there," I heard a masculine voice say.

We both turned around to see a middle aged man who was holding a woman by her waist. She looked around the same age as him. 

I noticed Lucifer stiffen up.

"Lucifer, how are you, man?" The guy asked.

"I'm fine Daniel," Lucifer gritted, "how are you?"

Lucifer didn't like this guy, as far as I noticed.

"I'm good, I'm good. But where's your wife? I can't see her anywhere," Daniel said, scanning the wedding hall. 

Was he blind, or what?

"Actually," Lucifer began, pulling me to him by my waist, "she's right over here. My queen. Rylee Shcmidt King." 

Daniel's eyes widened and turned horrified as he scanned my outfit. 

"You allowed her to wear this on your wedding?" He asked Lucifer, looking at me with distaste. 

I saw Lucifer fisting his hands. 

"She doesn't need my permission," Lucifer said, looking at me with a smile. 

"Of course she needs your permission! She's your wife!" Daniel exclaimed. Lucifer scowled. "So? Being my wife doesn't make her my submissive lap dog. Ryl is my equal and my queen. On the contrary, I would say that she is more powerful than me," Lucifer said, pulling me even closer to him. 

Did he just say that? 

"Lucifer, you need to be a man! Make her fear you!" Daniel continued. 

Lucifer glared at him and in a second, Daniel lay on the floor clutching his bleeding nose. 

Everyone around us stopped what they were doing an looked at what was happening. 

"A man is not someone who exercises control over his woman. On the contrary, a man is someone who respects his woman," Lucifer said, emphasizing each word. He raised his leg and kicked Daniel on the stomach.