Chapter 14

Guys, please vote. I took a lot of time in writing this chapter.

Rylee's POV-

Lucifer led us to the large meeting hall. There was a long, polished table in the middle of the hall. A large projection screen was against the wall. There were ten men in suits present in the room. Lucifer greeted them and sat down on of the chairs, motioning me to sit beside him. 

"Let's begin the meeting," He announced. 

One man with dark brown hair stood up. 

"Good morning, Mr. King. My name is Kade Williams. I have decided to build a resort, either in Accra, or in Madrid. It will cost us $21 million in total. My company, along with  Allison's, want to make a deal with your company regarding this project." 

Lucifer nodded and motioned him to continue.

"We want to team up with your company in order to build the resort. The total cost is $21 million and there are 3 companies in total, so each of us will provide with $7 million," Kade continued.

"Alright. Who wants the resort to be built in Madrid?" Lucifer asked everyone. 

All the people present, and I mean all, raised their hands.

Except me.

Lucifer then turned to Kade.

"Madrid it is, then," He said with a nod.

I frowned. Were these guys really businessmen? They just chose Madrid without even evaluating the reasons. 

Kade nodded back and took out a pen drive from his suitcase and inserted it into the projector. A blue print of a resort appeared on the screen. 

"This, ladies and gentlemen," He announced, pointing to the blue print, "This is the draft of the resort." 

Lucifer gave him an impressed look. 

"It looks great," He complimented. 

"So, shall we finalize this project of the resort?" Kade confirmed. 

Lucifer was about to agree when I interjected. 

"No," I replied.

 Lucifer gave me a 'what the hell are you saying?' look. I dismissed him and turned my focus to Kade.

"I don't think Madrid is a good place to build the resort in," I asserted.

Lucifer frowned. "Why not?"

"Madrid has incalculable resorts. Building one there means more competition. I think Accra would be a better option," I explained. 

"I have been to Accra, and trust me, it is an amazing place. Pleasant beaches, excellent clubs, colorful markets, and more. We could built the resort near Labadi beach...it is one of the most famous, and best, beaches of Accra," I finished. 

Lucifer, Kade, and everyone else in the room looked astonished. 

Kade was the first one to speak. 

"That's a good idea. Accra sounds like a suitable place for building the resort. Thank you...?" He trailed off, not knowing my name.

"Rylee," I replied.

"Thank you, Ms. Rylee. You helped us a lot," He said gratefully. 

I smiled back. Then, the rest of the meeting was nothing but signing the deal and making payments, and yada yada. 

After an hour, the meeting ended and everyone left, leaving Lucifer and me alone in the meeting hall. 

"Ryl, you were amazing!" Lucifer exclaimed, "Brilliant! Trust me when I say you would make the perfect Donna." 

I smiled at him but cringed when he said Donna. 

"Lucifer, I need to resume work. My company needs me."

 His eyes turned grim. 

"No."

"Uh, excuse me? You don't tell me 'no'. I will resume work. I wasn't asking you. I was informing you. Your permission isn't required."

His eyes widened but then, he smiled in pride. 

I took out my phone and dialed Tobias' number. Seconds later, he picked up. 

"Rylee?"

"Hey Toby!" 

"Oh my god, Rylee! We all were so worried about you! Even Eva!" 

Eva was the head of the Accounts department in my company, Tobias' girlfriend, and my friend.

"I know, Toby. I am sorry. Uh, I need to tell you something..."

"Go on."

"I have shifted to New York."

I was met with silence.

"What?!"

I swiftly covered my ears. 

"You're leaving us behind?! What about this company?!"

I sighed. "I'm not leaving you behind. I worked my ass to reach where I am today and I will not let it go to waste. I'll be operating from New York. I will build the main company headquarters here, itself."

He then sighed. "Fine...you're my boss. It's your decision. But just because you shifted to New York doesn't mean you forget us. You need to call me, okay?"

I smiled. "Of course I will."

"Oh, and Toby, listen. A girl, Louise, will call you today for the position of the head of the finance department. Give her the job and give her the tour of the building, okay?"

"Sure, will do. By the way, Mr. Ryan called. He wanted to finalize the deal with you. You get 51% of the profit, which is $25 million. Should I say yes to him?"

"Yes, accept his deal. I want you to print out copies of the signed deal and also mail the softcopy to me. Okay?"

"Alrighty."

"Okay, bye then."

"Bye, take care."

"I will. You do too."

I hung up and smiled. 

I had Kyle, Logan and Tobias. The most caring people in my life. 

"Who was he?" Lucifer suddenly asked. 

I groaned. 

Possessive bastard.

"Tobias, my PA."

"You have a male PA?" He asked, scowling. 

Rolling my eyes, I nodded. 

Suddenly, Lucifer looked like he had remembered something important. 

"Come with me," He instructed. 

"Uhm okay...," I listened to him and followed him out of the hall, to the elevator, down to the fiftieth floor. 

He guided me to a glass door, which led us to a huge office, where many people were working.

"Lucifer, why have you got me here?" I whispered to him. 

He ignored me. 

"Everyone, I need your attention!" He announced, gathering everyone's notice. 

"This is Rylee Schmidt," He pulled me closer by my waist, "And she is the Donna, as well as the boss along with me. You will treat her with the same respect you give me, or even more. Do you understand?" 

Everyone nodded in response. I smiled at everybody, acknowledging them. 

Then, Lucifer grabbed my wrist and pulled me to the elevator. He pressed the ground floor button. 

I didn't have time to say anything as Lucifer dragged me to the car and pushed me in. He started the car and drove off. 

"What the hell? Where are you going?"  

"Shopping," He replied.

"For what?"

"For our wedding."