ʚɞ˚CHAPTER 2˚ʚɞ

FINN'S POV

After leaving Linda's Sweet Goods, I took a walk around the city. I only walked for a few minutes before I got annoyed by the sounds of cars driving past, so I decided to go to a much quieter place: a local park.

The park was huge. It had quite a few parts to it - one of the parts had the toys for kids, and another part had frisbee set up and trails where people could go walking. I went to the trail area, although I didn't adventure in deep, and sat down on a nearby bench. I ate some cookies whilst going on my phone. By the time I put my phone down and got up to stretch, I saw that it was getting pretty late. I grabbed my things and began my journey home.

Well, I don't know if I would even call it home...I mean, I'm gonna be moving out soon whether I like it or not. Besides, it's just a place, like Linda's Sweet Goods and the park. My apartment is just my apartment. Nothing less, nothing more.

Needless to say, I made it to my apartment to find Charlie drinking beer whilst watching a football game. When I walked in, he didn't bother to greet me or give me any of his attention so I rolled my eyes and went to my room, not bothering to greet him either.

I spent the next hour rewatching Criminal Minds while texting Jaiden. I told her about my roommate situation, how I needed a better-paying job, and how I've been in a writing slump lately.

I wasn't even sure if it was a writing slump because, well, I was just too lazy to write. I could definitely write if I forced myself to but I didn't want to. It was...starting to feel like a job—a chore—I had to do.

I liked writing. It was my escape from reality. It was where I had control over every single thing—except for when my characters don't follow the script and annoy me. It sounds stupid: getting annoyed by fictional characters whom you control. But it happens to me a lot.

Anyway, I even ended up telling Jaiden about Adam—although I changed the story up to make it seem like I wasn't an anxiety-filled 20-year-old who was barely able to stand on his own two feet. But, knowing how well Jaiden knew me, I'd be surprised if she actually bought the story, or well, the me in the story.

In the end, Jaiden told me to go get wasted and get fucked or fuck someone and I reluctantly agreed - to the first part only though. I could definitely use some alcohol.

And that brings me to where I am right now - not at a bar, but rather, in my bathroom, trying to look decent for some reason that I don't know.

Maybe it was because when I told Jaiden I was going to go to the new bar that opened up, she told me to wear something that wasn't a pair of sweats and a hoodie. I didn't like disappointing her so I decided to actually look through my closet for clothes.

Truthfully, the only reason she didn't want me to wear a hoodie is because she wanted me to wear something that'd make me look sexy so someone could fuck me (or get fucked by me); and although I didn't want to get fucked (or fuck someone), I listened to her as I always did. Just minus the sexy part.

I settled on wearing a casual navy blue button-down shirt along with black ripped jeans and a black belt. As for shoes, I wore my beat-up white Air Forces that I got as a birthday gift from Jaiden. I ended up tucking the shirt into my jeans since it was a tad bit too big on me.

The outfit wasn't too bad for someone who didn't have muscles whatsoever. If anything, it actually made me look nice and it looked nice on me. My butt also looked pretty nice in the jeans.

I stood in front of the bathroom mirror for a good 10 minutes trying to get my hair put into a decent hairstyle but it just wasn't working for me. For some reason, my shorter-than-shoulder-length dirty blonde hair wouldn't allow me to make it look nice, which was frustrating; and well, long story short, I gave up and just put my hair in a small ponytail.