ʚɞ˚chapter 22˚ʚɞ

aaaa! this story reached 100k reads! thank u all sm <3

-unedited-

FINN'S POV

If someone were to ask me how I was doing, I'd tell them I was doing fan-fucking-tastic.

Oh, I'm just doing amazing. What about you, Jill?

You're asking what happened? Oh, nothing. Totally didn't have my (ex?) best friend show up at my door, blood all over her and bruises littering her skin. Definitely not, of course.

And most definitely didn't have her pass out after saying her name. Then, took care of her for a few hours before she woke up and was interrogated by Adam and I.

No, seriously. That did not happen. Enough about me, Jill. What's up with you?

That's how the conversation would go. I already have it all planned out in my head for the next person who asks me how I'm doing—no one. Thing is, I don't know how I'm doing. I don't know how I feel. This woman who I haven't seen for weeks if not months just showed up at my apartment. How was I supposed to feel?

I thought she no longer wanted to be my friend. Thought she was sick and tired of me—yet here she is. Seeking my help and asking for my forgiveness while explaining herself.

"Woah, woah, woah," Adam breathed out. "Explain that from the start again, please."

Jaiden sighed, taking the bag of frozen peas away from her cheek for a moment. "Okay, so, me child. Mother dies, Daddy depressed. Daddy look for new wife. Female Satan shows up. Female Satan bad. Racist and homphobic. Me find out I is not straight. Me not white. Female Satan hate me. Understand that?"

Obviously that's not how Jaiden normally speaks; it was obvious she was making fun of Adam who needed her to explain things for the fifth time.

"Okay...And you and Finn didn't chat because...?"

"She removed me from the phone plan and took my phone away. I had to get a new phone with a new plan and everything."

"Okay...And you couldn't run away because?"

"I'm a broke college student? I pay for dorms on top of the school tuition. I can't afford taking all my things from the house and putting them somewhere else. My dorm was small and, at that moment, I was facing being kicked out of the dorms by some racist worker."

"Okay...And then what did you do?"

"Well, for starters, I couldn't handle the dorm situation any more so I took my things and left, then went to the office and had to talk to so many people just so I could get a refund since I was forced to move out of the dorms. I had to take my things home, where I found out that female Satan was trying to remove me completely from her and my father's lives. I got in a fight with her, then my dad came home from work and we also got into a fight. In the end, I packed all my things and left."

"Okay...And how'd you leave if you had a lot of things?"

"I took the truck. It's technically my truck but I let my dad use it since he needed it for work and, in return, he gave me the bust up car to use instead. I stuffed everything I could in there, and threw away the things I didn't need."

"Okay...And—"

"Can you stop with that?" she snapped, frowning at Adam. "Just ask your questions normally."

"Okay, okay! So, then what happened?"

"I didn't know where Finn lived so I had to pull a few strings and look around for a while. I ended up living in my car since I could not afford a hotel or apartment or anything. I literally lived on raw ramen and water for a few days."