ʚɞ˚CHAPTER 17˚ʚɞ

-unedited-

FINN'S POV

When Nathan said the date didn't mean anything to him, he wasn't kidding. He began acting way colder to me and kept annoying me. More than Adam, even.

He kept saying unnecessary comments and tried to hurt my feelings. Well, jokes on you, Nathan. I don't like you even one bit. I mean, why would I like an immature hunk of junk? Looks aren't everything. I like personality, and Nathan has none.

Except when he's being nice...Like when he got me the sheep, and all the other nice but small things he's done. No, Finn, no. Nathan was an immature man and I would not fall for him. Drake, however, was a different case.

He was like an Angel sent from heaven. A cat in a pack of wolves. The little bit of light in the dark.

He I would allow myself to fall for. But unfortunately, he was taken. And even if he wasn't, he would never date me. We were just good friends. Really good friends.

Sort of like venting buddies, in a way. I would always listen to him when he needed to vent about his boyfriends and he would listen to me as I talk about my writing. It was nice: having someone to talk to about my writing.

I used to have Jaiden, but, well, apparently she cancelled her number or something. I tried calling but it said the number was unavailable, whatever that means. I was nervous and worried for her but there was nothing I could do. I failed her, or rather, she failed me.

I was planning to hang out with Drake today but apparently he had to go do something. I don't want to seem like a clingy girlfriend or anything but I was confused on why he didn't tell me where he was going. We were close to the point where we told each other everything, or almost everything.

Nevertheless, I hugged him goodbye and began watching random cat videos on my laptop. Nathan wasn't home and Adam was locked up in his room, probably rethinking his life choices since he and Drake had gotten into a fight yesterday and they haven't spoken since.

Yeah, drama. It was juicy though so I didn't mind. Only down part is that Adam blames me for it all. Like, what? I don't freaking control him! How is how he acts my fault?

I sighed as the video I was watching ended. I was a bit hungry, so I decided to go and get some chips. When I went to the kitchen, though, my chips were gone.

I could've sworn I didn't eat them though. Okay, maybe a little...but I was so sure there was more than half left! I even made sure to hide them, but they were gone now.

Oh, I realized. Adam probably ate them.

Apparently I was in a good mood because I didn't mind. If anything, I was glad I could go get some fresh air and new chips. God knows those old ones weren't that good.

I stepped out of the apartment complex, letting out a relieved sigh as the warm air hit my face.

I began walking to the nearest convenience store, which was just around 15 minutes away if I took my precious time. I did. I appreciated nature (although humanity mostly did not) and the natural flow of things. The sounds of cars driving past the sidewalk, people talking, children playing—I listened to it all.

And it was peaceful—

Until I bumped into him.

Charlie. My former (irrelevant and forgotten) roommate.

Immediately when I saw him, I entered the nearest store which just so happened to be an adult story with very adult things. And, although I was an adult, this place was just not for me. I don't want to buy a vibrator or a dildo, thank you very much. However, if it meant that I could get away from Charlie, I didn't mind. So I pretended as though I was browsing the things in the back of the store even though my attention was solely on the blonde male by the front of the store.