ʚɞ˚chapter 18˚ʚɞ

-unedited-

FINN'S POV

After everything I went through on that little trip, the store ended up not having the kind of chips I wanted. Like, excuse me? I just went to hell, and for what? Plain chips and a chocolate bar? My expectations were higher, to be honest.

The walk back took longer since I decided to pay my favorite book store a visit. I hadn't been there in a while, and I wanted to support the business, so I bought a few books. Totally not using that excuse so I can buy my new favorite reads. Totally.

I really shouldn't just flaunt my money around and buy things I don't exactly need but I should be able to spoil myself for a day or two. I mean, it's just two books! And candy. And a...toy. My point still stands.

As I unlocked the door to the apartment (yes, I got myself a key), I let out a sigh of relief. The inside of the apartment was pretty cold, unlike the hot weather outside. It was relaxing. I immediately noticed Adam sitting on a stool while sipping tea. He glanced up at me and he looked a bit disappointed.

Damn...okay.

He didn't bother greeting me or anything. Just stopped looking at me and kept sipping his tea.

"Where's Drake?" he asked.

I sneered. "None of your fucking business."

He inhaled, narrowing his eyes. "I'm trying to be civil here," he growled out. "Where is he?"

"It's not my fault you got into a fight with your boyfriend." I rolled my eyes. "You can ask him yourself. He took his phone with him."

"Well, he's not answering his phone," he calmly informed me.

"Okay, and? How is that any of my business or my fault?"

He stood up from his chair and glared at me, nostrils flaring. "You do realize this is all because of you? Everything was good before you came—"

"You mean everything was fine for you since you didn't have Drake to take care of? Not everything was fine for Drake. Do you even know how bad you and Nathan hurt him? You guys are supposed to take care of him! He literally was only able to talk about his feelings when we met. If anything, my presence here is a blessing! Who would've known what would've happened to Drake otherwise?"

"What do you mean?" he snapped. "Stop saying bullshit."

I laughed though I was not amused. "Why would I lie? You've seen how he acts, and how you guys act towards him. It's like he's your fucking toy or something. The only person who treated him right is Nathan's sister, and she's a child!"

"We do treat him right!" he yelled back. "Besides, our relationship is none of your business."

"You literally only care about him when you're fucking him, period. And even after all of that, you don't bother to stay with him and have any intimate moments. Relationships only work if there's communication, and you're clearly not ready to communicate to him."

He then looked down guiltily and stayed quiet. I continued.

"It's not even just you. It's Nathan, too. Jesus, it feels like I have this sort of conversation with you 24/7," I muttered the last part. It's true—almost every time we argue, it's about Drake. If anything, I feel bad for him (Drake). I could only imagine how he feels since his best friend is literally enemies with his boyfriends.

I've tried to stop arguing with them for his sake, but they just keep coming at me. Enough is enough. I can't just allow them to treat Drake like trash. They've been ruining him, hurting him.

"I'm trying," Adam said as I was making my way to my room. I stopped by the door and thought of a reply.

"Try harder."

Then, I entered my room and shut out all my thoughts by taking a short nap. When I awoke again, I began working on some writing but I eventually gave up since I wasn't in the mood and the work I was producing was just bad.

That brought me to where I was now—thinking about opening the toy. The one Charlie picked out. It was big—both thick and long. Honestly, I was too scared to open it.

I played with the packaging a bit and thought about opening it, but then I backed out quickly. If I opened it, I wouldn't be able to return it. Was it really worth 15 dollars?

I put the box back into the bag and went to my laptop. However, my attention was solely on the box so I ended up taking it out of the bag again. This time, I peeled the tape off and opened the box, but didn't take out what was inside.

Inhaling, I began taking out the foam thing that the toy was in. It made a little squeaky sound that was loud due to the silence that was originally in the room. The toy was the classic hot pink color that almost every other toy was. I slowly touched it and took it out of its packaging.

It barely fit in my hands. It was even bigger than it looked. I somehow accidentally pressed a button and it began vibrating. Startled, I dropped it and my face turned red as I observed the movement.

It was definitely not a normal vibrator. I think.

I quickly grabbed the toy and shoved it back in the box. Never opening that ever again, I thought before shoving the box in the closet.

I was about to make my way to the bathroom when someone knocked on the door to my bedroom. Raising a brow, I went to the door and opened it, revealing a tired looking Adam.

I awkwardly smiled, not knowing what else to do.

"Do you know where Drake went?" he asked, not bothering to look into my eyes.

I pursued my lips then decided to reply. "Out."

"Out where?"

"Dunno." It was true; Drake didn't tell me where he was going.

Adam sighed, rubbing his face. "Are you sure he didn't tell you? It's been a while since he left."

That was also true. Drake left hours ago. Surely he would've come back or at least called, right? A part of me felt happy since, well, Adam cared. About Drake. Which is reassuring, although he should show that side to Drake more.

"Um. He said he was going to go get something importa—" I was cut off by Adam's phone ringing, loud and clear. He went to pick it up, slightly turning away from me so he could get some privacy.

"Hello?" he asked. A few seconds later, Adam paled and almost dropped his phone. His eyes were wide in panic. "Where? What hospital?"

My own eyes widened at his words. Hospital? What hospital? Who hospital? Where hospital? Why hospital?

Adam then shut the call and was about to leave but then turned to face me.

"Drake's at the hospital."

ʚɞ˚︵‿︵‿︵‿︵˚ʚɞ

Author's Note:

Thank you for 90k reads! I wasn't planning on posting a chapter until tomorrow but I just had to. I'll probably still post tomorrow:)

Your stupid writer, jayden;)