ʚɞ˚chapter 10˚ʚɞ

FINN'S POV

Another week passed by in a flash, and I was thriving more than ever. Well, that's a lie - but not a complete lie! My articles have been successful for a beginner, so that was really promising. Not to mention I was able to set up a whole little "business" editing amateur works. Who knew that people were really desperate to get their work edited?

Obviously I still needed to get a lot of money. I didn't just need to pay Adam back. I had to pay for my stuff - school supplies, food, clothes - and I needed to pay my student loans off. There was my phone plan, hygiene stuff, as well as a couple extra dollars in my wallet just in case.

My savings was almost completely wiped out and I needed to regrow it in case of an emergency. Amazon kept forcing me to buy books. I couldn't work at the apartment, and I refused to go to a cafe without buying something. I liked supporting small businesses, even if it's just through a small black coffee.

I had to pay my share of the bills—as well as rent—and all these other expenses Adam's trying to make me pay for. Clearly they have the money, unless they had a fourth roommate whom they drove out.

I wouldn't be surprised either way.

In the week that passed, things with Drake were awkward. Very awkward. And honestly, it was his fault. He always avoided my gaze and stuff.

A part of me understood though. He almost cheated on Adam and Nathan with me, and what made things worse is that they hate me. I could only imagine how Drake felt. He was probably stressed and overwhelmed. Poor guy.

But just to be clear, we were cool with each other. He never said he didn't want to be friends anymore or anything. We were just taking an unofficial break.

Adam and Nathan were beyond annoying, unlike Drake. Like, I was literally so close to just leaving the apartment and giving them their way. Yeah, I didn't think adults could be so annoying and immature.

I mean, seriously? They kept annoying me, distracting me from working and studying, making rude and snarky comments on my appearance, saying I looked like a teenager and that I probably liked older men's cocks.

Like, what the fuck?

Drake yelled at Adam—who made that "joke"—causing Adam to storm off. I would say I felt bad but I didn't. I couldn't care less, actually, since who would even joke about that? That was disgusting and it made me see Adam in a whole different light.

I sort of wish he would just be honest and open up to me though. I'd like to know why he hates me so much. For now, I was to live with that hate, pretending I understood everything (which I didn't. What did I even do to him?).

Nathan was less annoying than Adam verbally, but he was still annoying. Like little sibling annoying, though. His little sister also came to the apartment, and that was the only day where Nathan wasn't incredibly annoying.

Drake said that Nathan didn't bring his sister to the apartment for the past weeks because he was at work all day so he just took her to his work space. I guess that's partly my fault and I admit I felt guilty, but I didn't ask him to take his little sister to his office.

Anyway, his little sister was really cute. She was calm, surprisingly. She had energetic moments but for the most part she was chill. I knew immediately Nathan got his calm attitude from one of his parents. Either that or his little sister took after his own personality, which was possible.

Now, I'm making food. Unlike last time though, Adam wasn't here to annoy me.

Let me explain...

"So I put my hands up, like the ceiling can't hold us," I hummed out softly, "like the ceiling can't hold us." I quickly grabbed a strainer and put it in the sink before pouring the spaghetti into it.