ʚɞ˚CHAPTER 5˚ʚɞ

FINN'S POV

It'd been a week and a half since Drake offered me a place at his apartment; and in that week and a half, things sucked.

For starters, I didn't get a job. Nor did I find any other people I could room with, so I was definitely taking the deal with Drake and his roommates.

Second, Jaiden and I didn't talk. Like, at all. I kept texting her, asking if she was okay, but she never replied so I gave up. Maybe she was that busy or something?

And lastly, I found out that Charlie didn't pay his half of the rent for the month, meaning that I had to pay an extra couple hundred bucks. That fucking bitch had the audacity to be all like "Please don't hate me" yet he didn't bother paying his half of the rent? I mean, what the heck!

Basically, I was struggling. And mad. And worried. And confused overall.

Drake and I exchanged a few texts here and there but I was too busy stress-eating in my room and crying because I hated life. However, I did make sure he knew that I was planning to stay at his apartment for some time so I didn't have to worry about someone else taking my spot or anything.

Today...well, today I planned on moving into the apartment because I could no longer stand staying in my horrible apartment despite the fact that I could stay there for a few more days. I wanted out as soon as possible.

Drake told me he was free to help me move my things to the apartment which was nice because he said he was going to bring his car so I didn't need to waste money renting a truck or anything.

I already had most of my things packed into boxes. All I really needed to do was bring the boxes to the apartment as well as pack the rest of my clothes which were just my hoodies and sweats since I owned a lot of those.

Who can blame me? They're comfy.

Drake had my address so I was just waiting for him to arrive at the apartment. While waiting for him, I decided to begin putting the rest of my clothes in the last box I had. The timing was amazing because right when I finished closing the box, I heard a knock on my door.

I made my way out of my room and to the door. I thought it was Drake behind the door, so I just opened it without checking to make sure it was him—and, yeah. It turned out that it was actually Charlie.

The sight of him just made my blood boil. He had his blonde hair styled oh-so-perfectly and he was wearing some jeans with a grey button-up shirt and a pair of black tennis shoes. To my confusion, his face lit up when he saw me.

"Finn, hey!" he cheerily greeted, allowing himself into the apartment. He looked around the apartment and his eyes twinkled with amusement when he saw all the boxes.

"You're not welcome here," I growled out. Seriously though. Who did he think he was to just let himself in my apartment after not bothering to pay the rent?

Charlie apparently didn't get the memo because his eyes just widened but he didn't bother leaving the place. "Woah, calm down. What crawled up your ass and died?" he joked.

I gave him a blank face in return for his "joke."

"Listen, I just came by to say that I'm sorry for not paying my half of the rent. I needed the money for my new apartment. Besides, you seem to be doing well despite paying full rent! You already found yourself an apartment, too!"

I glared at him, not wanting to talk. "Just get out, Charlie. I'm stressed enough as it already is."

Again, he made no move to leave. "Oh, c'mon—"