ʚɞ˚CHAPTER 19˚ʚɞ

-unedited-

FINN'S POV

The next few things happened in a blur. I quickly got a jacket then ran out of the apartment with Adam to his car—which I didn't even bother to look at. He drove us quickly to the hospital and I was sure we were going to get multiple speeding tickets on this one journey. As he drove, he gave me the phone to call Nathan.

I didn't even think about what I was going to tell Nathan and how I was going to tell him. I just dialed his number and told him to meet us at the hospital if he could, then hung up. And yes, I do realize I probably made him panic. But he should be panicking; Drake was in the hospital.

As Adam drove, he told me that they—the person calling—said Drake was in a car accident. They don't know if he's in stable condition yet, but they were trying to get the situation under control.

Needless to say, it did not make me worry less at all. In fact, I was just worried more. For once I found someone who could support me whilst I supported them and I lost them already.

So not only did I lose Jaiden, the only person I actually loved. But I lost Drake, too.

No, Finn, I scolded myself. You didn't lose Drake. He's going to be fine. Stop being so negative.

At the hospital, Adam and I rushed to the receptionist and asked for Drake's room number. We ran to the room—which was an emergency room—and looked for a doctor. The doctor told us Drake was getting surgery because he broke his leg and one of his bones was relocated. He also had a concussion and some sort of brain damage that the doctor said wasn't too bad.

The doctor also said a ton of other things, like how somehow Drake had broken his rib? And how he had some burn scars on his right arm as well as his back. Basically, the injuries didn't seem like they just came from a car accident. It seemed like someone actually attacked him or something, which is weird to say the least. I mean, shouldn't his injuries be from just the car accident?

I didn't bother dwelling on it though. I would figure it out another day. Now, Drake just needed to be okay and get better. He just had to get better.

After the doctor told us the information, he left after leading us to an area (close to Drake's room) where we could sit on chairs and wait.

Waiting.

The one thing I genuinely despise.

I mean, who thought it was a good idea to invent waiting? Ha! They should be beheaded or something.

Pulling me out of my thoughts—there he was, low and behold, Nathan had arrived. Did that even make any sense? Whatever. Anyway, yeah, Nathan arrived looking panicked and stuff. I'm surprised he knew who's room to ask for since I didn't tell him who was in the hospital.

He seemed really out of breath and slightly mad though.

"What's going on?" he asked, furrowing his brows in confusion. "What's wrong? Where's Drake?"

Adam mutely got up and hugged Nathan, burying his face in the bigger man's neck. A small sob was heard and Adam's shoulders slightly shook. Nathan's arms wrapped around the Mexican man.

Admittedly, I had to look away. I'm not sure why but I felt a little hurt. I mean, I wish they could comfort me like that...

Not they. Someone. Anyone but them.

Adam began filling Nathan up on what we know and Nathan ended up looking even more distressed. The two sat by each other, in each other's arms. Meanwhile, I was just being an awkward third wheel. What was I supposed to do though? They were comforting each other and I was just there, thoughts focused on Drake.