ʚɞ˚chapter 3˚ʚɞ

FINN'S POV

When I woke up, only two things registered in my mind. 1) My fucking head hurt a lot, and 2) I wasn't in my room.

The room I was in was...well, it wasn't even a bedroom. I was sleeping on a couch. A comfortable white leather couch with a light blue blanket on top of me. In front of the couch was a coffee table and in front of that was a mounted TV.

One thing's for sure: The room I'm in was expensive. At least it looked pretty expensive. The coffee table looked luxurious, somehow, and to the right of the couch was a huge window and a balcony that had a very nice view of the city. Surely this place had to cost a lot to get a view like that, right?

More pain erupted in my head, causing me to groan. I put both my hands on my head in an attempt to lessen the pain but it didn't really do anything.

"Oh. You're awake?" an oddly familiar but not really familiar voice asked from behind the couch. I heard shuffling noises as well as footsteps and soon enough, they were in front of the couch.

I didn't bother looking up since I knew it was probably going to make my head hurt more. Instead, I just focused on the bottom half of the dude. He was wearing white ripped jeans and classic Adidas. Truthfully, he looked like a normal guy and not a kidnapper, so that was a good sign, right?

Then again, if he was a kidnapper, I doubt he would've allowed me to sleep on his couch. And he probably wouldn't have given me a blanket.

I sighed, trying to remember some of the events from last night. Most of the things that happened when I went to the bar were a blur, but I sort of remember meeting this middle-aged bartender guy and having him bring his friend over...

What was his friend's name? Dracula? Daniel? David?

I couldn't remember, but I was fairly certain it started with a D and had an A in it.

"Erm, hold on," that same voice said. His feet disappeared from my view but I was too tired to care. I heard a sink going off, and a bottle of pills being shaken, but that was it. The stranger then returned to his place in front of me and handed me a glass of water and two white pills which I assumed to be painkillers or something.

And, get this. Instead of being suspicious and trying to figure out who the hell this guy was—I took the pills and downed them with the glass of water. Without asking any questions.

I closed my eyes for a few moments, trying to calm my senses. When I opened them, I was shocked to see that the guy had knelt in front of me and his face was merely inches away from mine. I instantly flinched back, eyes wide. I regretted it right away because more pain erupted in my head.

The guy looked vaguely familiar. He had light dark skin, like a light warm brown color. His eyes were dark brown yet enticing. And his hair? It was blonde and fluffy. I would pretty much do anything to run my hand through the soft curls. He also had black glasses on, which framed his face perfectly.

"U-uh?" I squeaked out, flushed. Did he not know what personal space was?

Apparently not because this guy literally chuckled—chuckled—in my face. It was worse because his breath hit my face, but thankfully his breath smelled good. Clean, I mean. Like mint toothpaste.

"Sorry," he said, his smile not disappearing. He backed away and stood up before stretching with a yawn. "Good afternoon though. I'm Drake, in case you forgot. You really slept in, sleepyhead."

"Afternoon?" I asked loudly. I quickly got up from the couch and began rushing to make sure I had my things. My wallet, keys, and phone were on the coffee table though so I didn't have anything to worry about. Still, I checked my wallet to make sure my things were still there—although I doubt anyone who would afford a good apartment would take anything from my wallet.