Special Chapter: Frost

FROST

- Playing: Dancing with your Ghost by Sasha Sloan -

“What would you be doing if you didn’t get stuck here?” Snow asked. He could feel her soft hands playing with his rough hand.

“I would be a college student now studying Photography or Architecture.” He answered while he plays some strands of her beautiful white hair with his free hand.

“Ohh, do you like arts? Are you good at sketching?” she asked and looked up to him. He can see her majestic purple eyes sparks in excitement.

He smiled. “I’m not that good, yet, but I’ll try my best if ever.” He answered.

“Really?”

Frost nodded. “If we manage to escape here, I’ll make you my model since your perfect for the job then I’ll design our own house. Papatayuan kita ng bahay!”

Snow laughed. “Correction! It should be for us.”

Natawa naman siya. Yeah, ok. For us.” He said and pitch her nose. “Anong klaseng bahay ba ang nais mo?”

Snow smiled excitedly. “I want a house in the forest near a cliff!” she laughed then continue, “I want to overlook the sea too. Bali tago at private para walang istorbo. A peaceful place where there can be only two of us without anything else.”

She let his hand go and flipped her body. Ngayon nakadapa na ito at ipinatong ang baba sa dibdib niya. “So I’m gonna make sure that I will let you out in this hell. I promise that. I will do everything for you to be able to fulfill that beautiful future of yours.” She said with determination.

Ginulo niya ang buhok nito. “Ang bigat naman ng pangako na iyan.” Ani Frost.

“Ganon talaga! Hindi ako papayag na hindi matuloy ‘yon! All I want now is for you to be successful. Your success will be my success too!” she said proudly making his heart beat abnormally fast again.

“Then I promise that I’ll give you that house too.” He replied.

“Asah! Sabi mo ‘yan ha! Walang bawian! Besides, even though I haven’t seen any for your photographs yet and sketches, I believe in you! I know you’ll do great.” She said and smiled sweetly.

Natahimik naman si Frost. Lagi nalang. Ilang beses na pero parang unang beses parin. Those eyes… those smiles… cold but the sincerity when she speaks… All of it is making his heart ache in happiness. He’s so in love with her. He doesn’t wanna lose this best girl.

“I love you.” He unconsciously muttered.

Snow chuckles. She leaned on and kissed him. He held her cheeks and gently caress it. She moved to give him the best warm hug as she kissed him passionately and full of love.

Frost took a deep breath before stepping out of his Fox Ultra sports car. He needed to walk up to where his final destination is. Took him some minute to reach the top. He removed his sunglasses to see the whole landscape clearly. He smiled.

A cliffside house built in the middle of the forest and an overlooking sea just like how she wanted it to be.

Frost looked up the sky. “I made it, my queen. I finally built our dream house. This is our safe haven. For only two of us.” He told her. He felt a hot liquid escape from his eyes.

Agad niya iyong pinunasan. “Don’t worry, babe. I’m not sad. These are tears of joy. Because finally… finally… I fulfill my first promise to you just like how you fulfill your promise to me.” He said. “I’m successful now too. I have everything now. Ikaw nalang ang kulang.”

Frost reached for the necklace he’s wearing ever since. “I miss you, Snow. To tell you the truth, I always crave for your warm hugs… I wanna see your majestic eyes look at me with the same intensity as mine… your beautiful sweet smile that only I have privilege to witness. I miss it all. I miss you.” He said.

Biglang humangin ng malakas. Napapikit siya at dinama ang lamig non. He took a deep breath and let out a genuine smile before opening his eyes again.

“Now shall we enter?”

-

Frost…

Frost…

He opened his eyes and the smile he always wished to see is now in front of him.

“Snow?” hindi makapaniwalang tanong niya at wala sa oras na napabangon.

She smiled. “I’m here because I missed you too. I wanted to congratulate you for all your achievements and I wanted to say thank you too.” She said. “Thank you for not giving up, my king. Thank you for fulfilling your promises. I knew you can do it! I’m more than proud of you.”

He cried. His heart aching. Different emotions are flowing within him right now.

“This is just a dream, right?” he asked.

Snow didn’t answered so he knew this is just temporary. Even though, he’s happy with it. He was able to see and hear her voice again. He damn missed it so much.

“C- Can I hug you?” he asked again.
“Of course, you can! C’mon, babe, get your ass up and don’t just hug me, silly! Kiss me too!” Snow laughed.

Frost who lost his mind immediately throw himself up and hug her tightly. His tears won’t stop flowing too.

“I love you… I love you… I love you…” he whispered again and again.

He felt her warm embrace. “I love you too, Frost Lhuwer Morrison. Always and forever.” She whispered back.

Frost held her nape and kissed her senseless.

Slowly, he can feel her fading away.

“Until me meet again, my love…”

Frost woke up with a tears in his eyes. Heart aching but with contentment and smile on his face.

“Thank you, Snow White.”

-

© ReGenie

My heart aches too.