Apple 18 : Why's

Apple 18 : Why's

FROST

"Hey, you okay?" I asked Snow.

Parang wala sa sariling tinignan niya naman ako at saka matamang tumango, "Yeah..." she answered.

"But you seem not. C'mon Snow, tell me. What's bothering you?" I asked again and hold her hand.

She sighed and looked at me, "Have you ever tried escaping this place?" she asked that startled me.

"Why are you suddenly asking?"

"That's not the answer, Frost." She said.

I sighed. "Okay, yes, I tried. We tried." I answered hosnestly.

She just keeps staring at me so I deeply sigh first before continuing. "We tried but it's no use." I said.

"And why is that?"

"Because it's impossible, Snow." I say, "We already tried all we can. Joining the game was the easiest and nearest way to escape but also the most dangerious and the most impossible way."

"What's impossible, Frost? Is that even in your dictionary? I don't have the word impossible in me." she said making me smile so widely.

"What are you smiling at?" she asked with a frown face.

"Nothing." I said smiling.

"Tsk,"

Damn. She's so cute. And how come she's still look so stunning with a frown expression in her face? That's kinda unfair.

"Okay..." I said. "To tell you the truth, this place has no escape."

"I already know that."

I sighed. "Joining the gang or the game is the only possible way but still impossible." sabi ko na ikinataas ng kilay niya. "You have to be in the top to be able to get out of here."

"Then how is that even impossible!?" she unbelievably asked.

Napangiti naman ako at naiiling. Sige, edi siya na ang madali ang lahat.

"Okay okay... calm down. I'll tell you more."

"Tell me everything." I said. Napatitig naman ako sa seryosong mga mata niya. I nodded.

"Okay. Being on top, you can say, is easy but for us is not." I say, "Hirap nga kaming umakyat ng top 30 gang in the game because everyone in this place is no ordinary. Sa tingin mo ba mga bata lang ang nandito? No. May mga estudyanteng alam na ang galaw ng paaralang 'to."

"Sila ang mga estudyanteng hindi na nakalabas ng impyernong 'to, at ang mga estudyanteng gusto lang manatili dito. Mga estudyanteng pumasok lang sa paaralang ito para pumatay."

"Kung sa tingin mo, ang mga estudyanteng nakikita at nakakasalamuha mo sa mga bawat lakad at pasok mo araw-araw mo ay sila lang, then you're wrong."

"Kung sa tingin mo ang campus na 'to ay ito lang, you're wrong. Kung sa tingin mo nalibot mo na ang buong Mavros, then you're wrong. Kung sa tingin mo ang Mavros ay Mavros lang, then you're wrong. Everything in this hell is hidden, Snow. Everything is a lie."

Silence comes between us after that.

"Then... are you, too, a lie?" she asked seriously looking straight into my eyes.