29. the rain of june

The next morning, they are woken up by the sound of the front door closing. His arms were still wrapped around her with a heavy grip, she notices that when she opens her eyes. The morning gloomy and dark, announcing the rain at any time,

"That's probably Jennifer," Zoe whispers, scratching her eyes. Jonathan murmurs something and pulls her closer, burying his face in her neck.

Zoe missed waking up in his arms. They laid there for a couple of minutes with their eyes closed until Jennifer knocked on the door.

"Can I come in?" She says from the other side of the door.

"Yeah." Zoe answers.

"I'm sorry to barge in like this, I wanted to let you know that I brought coffee and waffles on the way here." She says, trying not to look at Jonathan, who was still laying with his eyes closed and his arm wrapped around Zoe's waist. "Uh, good morning professor." She tilts her head and awkwardly turns around to leave the room.

Zoe laughs and shakes her head. "Jennifer stop with that nonsense," Jonathan grumbles, putting on his glasses from the bedside table.

"Really, Jenn. I think we're way past that." Zoe says, stretching her arms.

"Again, sorry for barging in, I'll be waiting for you two downstairs." She says and quickly runs out of the room, leaving the door open.

"I think we should take a shower," Zoe utters, removing Jonathan's arm from her waist. She pulled herself up and suddenly feels a tingling pain in her thighs. "Fuck, not having sex for a couple of weeks and I feel sore now."

"Was I too rough?" Jonathan asks, removing the blankets.

"I mean, I asked for it." Zoe walks to the bathroom, but her eyes are fixed on him.

"I'm sorry. I too didn't get laid for quite some time." He snorts mockingly at Zoe, who only laughs at his comments. She proceeds with taking off her clothes, not bothered by Jonathan's presence in the small, white-colored bathroom.

They both entered the shower and did their thing in silence. She couldn't help but catch a few glimpses of his godly features. Reminding herself that she is the one who gets to kiss them and caress them, instantly the worries being washed away with the sweat from the previous night down the drain.

 After the shower, they got dressed and Zoe made the bed. They go downstairs and find Jennifer drinking her coffee on the kitchen table, scrolling on her phone.

"Oh, hey." She says, looking up at the both of them.

"Hi," Jennifer hears Zoe's voice as her eyes catch her and Jonathan walking down the stairs. "I'm starving." She says when she notices the food on the table. They sit down and start eating their food in silence.

"So, uh..." Jennifer breaks the uncomfortable silence. "You're not our professor anymore, huh?"

"That's correct." He answers, wiping his mouth with a napkin.

"I guess that means no more hiding."

"Jenn, not now," Zoe says, quietly, looking down at her plate.

"Sorry. So, we're having a new professor until the end or?"

"That is correct. A colleague of mine, his name is Vincent." Jonathan answers, taking a sip from his now cold coffee.

"Mhm." Jennifer nods.

"Anyway, thanks for the food, Jenn," Zoe says, smiling at her friend.

"Yeah, thank you." Jonathan joins.