10. stay

"You arrived fast." Lucas said.

"Gotham is literally empty." said Zoe, following Lucas to his room.

"Yeah I see that. Also I can finally game peacefully at with my parents in Italy and Jenny in LA."

"Must be great." Zoe joked.

"It is." He said, sitting on his chair. Zoe stood next to him, leaning her hands on his desk. "So, what are we doing?"

"I need you to access the college's staff informations."

"Why would I do that?" Lucas rolled around with his chair, facing Zoe.

"I need you to find me professor Crane's address."

"What the fuck, Zoe? Why do you need that creepy ass dude's address?"

"I-I need to deliver some projects that I made."

"The semester is over."

"He's my mentor and he gave me homework."

"Are you sleeping with him?"

"What? No! Of course not."

"I'm just gonna pretend this isn't happening and do what I'm told."He said, facing his computer screen. "Also, help yourself while I do your dirty work, get a drink or something."

"Sure. You want anything?"

"Nope." He answered, focused on the screen.

Lucas had the attic all for himself. He had a kitchen, a bed and a computer set that took most of the space in his room.

"So, how is professor Crane like anyway?"

"Cold."

"I know that part already. Everyone is scared of him. I heard a guy said that he gave him a death glare but if you ask me, he looks at everyone like that." 

A death glare? Zoe didn't know how that felt. She sometimes felt lucky, he was right when he said that she was the only girl he talked to. She herself noticed that he was acting different around her. Zoe smiled to herself.

"It's just how he is. I don't think he means any harm, honestly." She said, sitting on his bed.

"Yeah, I didn't say that."

"He's really dedicated to his job."

"Zoe, be honest, do you have something going on with him or not?"

"Lucas... We talk sometimes but it's nothing serious. He's my professor." Zoe explained. Anxiety was eating her alive at that moment. What if she told Lucas? He wouldn't tell.

"I don't mean to invade your privacy but-"

"There is nothing going on! Please don't push it. Just do what I told you to do and I'll leave."

"Woah, okay. You didn't have to snap like that."

"I know it's just...I was told the same thing by your sister. She started asking me about him and I think I've had enough." Zoe said, taking a sip from her cola and letting out a long sigh after.

"You're totally right, I'm sorry. But whatever you're delivering him, after you do it, text me if you're okay."

"I will, don't worry about me." She said. "Are you done?"

"In a second. I'm looking for him right now."

Zoe had no idea what Lucas did or how he did it, but he was good at it. She walked over to the window and looked out at Gotham. Good thing their house was on a little hill which gave you access to look at the city from their windows. "Your view is amazing. The view from the window in my bedroom is Wayne's holding."