14. stars in heaven

A/N: warning: ya'll about to read some smut but i didn't really go into it to picture it perfectly bc ofc u will use ur imagination. enjoy lmao <3

In Zoe's lifetime, a lot of things were given to her as presents, as opportunities, ideas and what else not. Nothing could ever compare to the satisfaction she was feeling while drinking her coffee on the balcony that offered a magical view. She often found herself creating stories that she wished for in her head while staring in the far distance, this was one of those moments where she didn't have to create something in her head, she had it right in her hands, written and completed.

Some girls wished for a prince on a white horse, some girls wanted money, some girls wanted kids, Zoe wanted nothing. Never once, she'd wished for a family like hers, never once, she'd wished for a prince to rescue her. What the next moment brought, she dived right in, soaking it all up and leaving it there to remember it once she gets older. It was hard to accept what she had with her professor and somewhere deep inside of her, it still was.

His blue eyes were crystal clear, always, except when they gazed at her and all of a sudden there was a storm in them, rage, fear, big waves in which she drowned in, pulling her back over and over again. She was getting deeper and deeper each day, and it was pretty evident. The fear of never getting back was eating her inside out and she? She blamed it on the strong coffee.

The strong coffee that after your first sip, created a storm in your stomach, nonchalantly doing its work, opening your eyes yet you can't get up on your feet. That moment when it grants you your wish but at the same time creates chaos in your body you can't see, just feel.

"What are you thinking?" A voice appeared from behind. It was no other than her neverending dream that screamed forbidden. It was still a dream for Zoe. She didn't believe Jonathan was real. She was waiting for the moment when everything would blow up and she will again, become the perfect picture of the blue girl.

"Just some silly things, nothing to worry about." She responded, looking up at him and blinking a couple of times because of the sun coming from behind his head.

"Come on, you can tell me." He pushed, leaning on the balcony fence, his hands in his pockets.

"It was nothing important, Jonathan. Just some stupid thoughts about life in general and how things didn't turn out how I expected them to be." She explained, looking down at the cup of coffee with a sort of a begging look for an exit.

"Zoe, may I say that you're overthinking a lot, and I don't think it's affecting your behavior positively? I don't mean to brag or anything, but ever since we met, you've been telling me how I am the thing that has been missing from your life and now since we're here, together and alone, away from everyone may I add - you're distancing yourself from me."

"I'm not. I just understand that you're not very affectionate as I am and am trying to cope with that. I'm trying not to be irritating and also," She stood up, placing the cup on the table, she put her arms around his neck and continued, "I am having a good time and I'm just glad you're in the same room as me because looking back, some things were not going our way."

"You make it seem like I'm some sort of a miracle in your life." He blurted out, looking anywhere but her eyes that searched for his in panic.

"That is correct."

The pair closed the gap between them and gently moved their lips against one another. "Do you want to go and take a walk? I can take you to the lake. I saw you looking at it."Jonathan recommended, brushing his hands up and down her arms.

"I'd love to." The soft voice that echoed through Zoe's ears was hard to resist. He pecked her lips again and took her hand, leading her inside.

"It's a cold day, get a coat or something," Jonathan said, putting on a jacket.