1.hello, zoe.

"No! Please, no." Zoe cried as she tried her best to run away from what she would call a maniac. "Leave me alone please!" 

Her legs hurt, her body was weak but she couldn't stop running. She tried calling her parents but she failed because her vision was blurry and her hands were shaking This was her worst nightmare. The thing she feared the most is someone chasing her in the dark, with an intention to kill her. In her head, she'd already said goodbye to her parents and friends. That was until she bumped into someone and the voices stopped.

"Hey, hey, hey, are you okay?" The cold, deep voice echoed in her ears. She looked up, greeted by light blue eyes.

"S-Someone was running after me a-and-"

"Hey, breathe, breathe. Calm down, you're safe. No one was chasing you."

"How do you know? I saw him." Zoe, took a step back, releasing herself from his embrace. 

"I was crossing the street and you turned around from that corner and started running my way in terror but no one was behind you. " He said, pointing behind her back.

"Oh my God, I may have gone crazy." She sighed, closing her eyes and putting her hands on her hips. 

"I'm sure that you are not. People are often scared of the dark and think that someone or something is following them but 99% of the time it's in their imagination."

"Okay, I hope I'm not that 1%." Zoe joked, letting out a chuckle. The last thing she needed at that moment is a stranger giving her lectures about the dark. Especially in the dark, as he said. They stood there for a couple of seconds until she broke the silence. "Listen, I have to go, my friends are waiting for me." She said, eyes anywhere but at him.

"Okay then, go, no one is stopping you." He calmly said, hands behind his back.

Zoe gave him one last look and after a second, walked past him fast, their shoulders brushing softly.

He watched her go down the street, her pace fastening as each second passes by.

He sighed.

---

"Where the hell were you?" Noah asked when he saw Zoe approach them in cold sweat.

"I'm so sorry but you guys won't believe what happened to me." She blurted out, sitting next to Noah, opposite of her best friend Jennifer and her brother Lucas. 

"Why do you look so sweaty?" Lucas asked.

"So...You know that my car is in service and the only way for me to get here fast, was to walk through the narrows." They all nodded. "Well, I'm walking and I'm walking and suddenly there's this smoke coming out of nowhere and from the corner of my eye  I see some criminals beating each other up and then someone appeared so suddenly and started chasing me." 

"Who was it?" Noah asked, concerned, putting an arm around his terrified girlfriend.

"I don't know but suddenly I bumped into a guy and he said that no one was chasing me and he kind of calmed me down. It was weird you guys and I'm really sorry that I'm late. I tried calling my parents but my hands were literally shaking and I couldn't hold my fucking phone." Zoe explained, leaning onto Noah for comfort, who pressed a soft kiss on the top of her head.

"Didn't you say you had dreams about a guy dressed in black chasing you?" Jennifer asked.

"With a knife?" Lucas corrected his sister.

"Yeah and that's why it was weird. Like my dream became reality for a moment."

"Maybe it's because you saw those men fighting and someone tried to escape and you thought that he started chasing you when in reality he probably went some other way. Don't worry girl, you're safe however." Jennifer said, taking a sip from her milkshake.