Chapter 3

You hid inside the cave Yoriichi left you in. You noticed the sunlight reaching you as you slowly scooted back.

You hissed in pain when the light reached your feet. You quickly dug a hole in the ground and hid inside it.

"(Y/N)?" you heard Yoriichi's worried voice call out as you slowly peeked out of the hole you made.

Yoriichi let out a sigh of relief once he saw you. A look of curiosity suddenly appeared in his face as he looked at you staring at him.

'My daughter... turned into a mole. She must really wanted to avoid the sunlight.' Yoriichi thought as he crawled inside the cave.

"(Y/N), think you can fit inside? I don't want you getting hurt while we walked in daytime. I'll carry you, okay?" Yoriichi said as he showed you a basket.

"Can you fit? In the basket?" Yoriichi asked as he pointed inside the basket.

You slowly crawled out of the hole and into the basket, your upper body being the only thing that fits inside the basket.

A warm smile appeared on Yoriichi's face. 'She grew up a lot. Seems like yesterday that I was still cradling her tiny self in my arms.' Yoriichi thought when he suddenly had a look of realization on his face.

"(Y/N)? Do you remember how you became big like an adult earlier? Do you think you can do the opposite? Get smaller?" Yoriichi asked.

"Smaller, (Y/N)! Come on, sweetie. Get smaller!" Yoriichi encouraged as he patted your back.

You pushed the basket straight up and went inside. Yoriichi quickly looked inside the basket to see your clothes as your smaller form peeked out to look at him.

"Good job, (Y/N)." Yoriichi exclaimed as he patted your head, making you hum in reply.

---------------------------

You walked beside Yoriichi as you looked up at the night sky. You held onto Yoriichi's hand so you won't get lost as the two of you continued on your path.

Yoriichi stopped in his tracks as he noticed a temple in the distance.

"There's a temple not far from here. Let's check it out. We could maybe ask for directions." Yoriichi suggested as the two of you headed towards the temple.

Yoriichi felt a presence inside the temple as his hold on you tightened. "Something's wrong." Yoriichi muttered as you looked at him confusedly.

Yoriichi opened the temple doors as a strong scent of blood filled your nose, making you hungry. Your eyes widened at the sight before you.

There, sat a demon, who was feasting on the corpses of people. You felt yourself drool in hunger as you looked at the bloody sight.

The demon felt a new presence behind him as he turned back to look at you and Yoriichi.

"The hell? There's something off about you..." the demon trailed off as it licked its bloody fingers clean and stood up.

You felt Yoriichi push you aside as the demon headed towards him. You quickly snapped out of your trance as you saw the demon attacking your father.

Yoriichi swung his hatchet at the demon as he quickly jumped away. "Not bad." the demon exclaimed as he grinned at Yoriichi.

"A scratch like this should heal in no time." the demon added as his wound regenerated. The demon quickly lunged at Yoriichi aiming towards his neck.