Chapter 19

"My, my! Seems like we have some fresh meat!"

Douma heard a voice exclaimed as he looked back to see a demon looking at the kids besides him. The kids shrieked in fear as they held onto each other while hiding behind the rainbow-eyed male.

"Ara~ you can eat these kids, demon. They're nothing but mean little gremlins!" Douma stated, hiding his grin behind his fan as the kids looked at him in shock.

"Oi! You have a weapon! Save us!" the boy said as he held his little sister.

"Hm.. I dunno.. should I?" Douma asked aloud with a small grin as he tapped his fan against his chin in thought.

The demon let out a screech as it began to run towards the the two kids. The kids cried out in fear as the demon approached them. Douma let out a small sigh as he hid the kids behind him.

"You guys are so noisy! My ears are starting to hurt from your yelling." Douma exclaimed as he closed his fans and glared at the demon.

" Douma exclaimed as he closed his fans and glared at the demon

"As for you..." Douma trailed off as he took a stance. The kids watched in awe as Douma opened his fans and sliced off the demon's neck in a flash.

 The kids watched in awe as Douma opened his fans and sliced off the demon's neck in a flash

"Rest in ashes, demon." Douma finished with a small smile as he watched the demon slowly turn to dust.

"Well, that's that!" Douma happily exclaimed as he put away his fans and began to walk away. He turned back and saw the children still staring at him.

"Do you not want to get out of this place? You two can go ahead and become the next demon food, I'll be going to find Yoriichi-dono then." Douma stated with a grin as he continued on his walk, leaving behind the kids.

The kids gulped and looked at each other before catching up to Douma.

----------

Yoriichi continued to run around the mansion, looking left and right to see any sign of exits he can use. He stopped in his tracks when he felt a presence coming around the corner.

'Demon..' Yoriichi thought as he unsheathed his blade and swiftly sliced off the demon's head.

Sheathing his blade, Yoriichi turned to look at the demon he sliced. He noticed the tsuzumi drums protruding around the demon's body, making him confused.

"..?" Yoriichi was cut off when he heard some soft whimpering nearby. He looked around and followed the whimpers, readying his blade in case a demon attacks him.

After following the noise, Yoriichi reached another room. He placed his ears beside the door and heard the whimpers coming from inside. Sensing no demon nearby, he gently knocked on the door.

Yoriichi heard a squeak inside the room as he slowly opened the door only to see a book heading straight at him. Catching the book before it hit him, Yoriichi saw a boy looking at him in shock. Yoriichi saw the tsuzumi drum the boy was holding and noticed it looked like the ones that were on the demon he killed.

"Are you brother?" Yoriichi asked.

The boy stared at Yoriichi as if he had just grew two heads. "Um.. what?" the boy questioned.

"Big brother. Two kids outside looking for brother with persimmon kimono." Yoriichi explained, pointing at the boy's kimono.

"Kids.. oh! You must mean my siblings! My name is Kiyoshi, I'm their big brother!" the boy, Kiyoshi, introduced as he slowly placed down the tsuzumi drum.

"Let's go back to your siblings. They've been very worried about you." Yoriichi stated as he approached Kiyoshi and held out his hand.

Kiyoshi took Yoriichi's hand and slowly stood up. He began to walk with Yoriichi but immediately flinched and squatted down. Yoriichi noticed the sudden halt as he looked down and saw Kiyoshi holding his leg.

"Are you okay?" Yoriichi asked when he suddenly noticed the large gash on Kiyoshi's leg.

"I-I'm okay, sir. Just a wound." Kiyoshi replied as he slowly stood up again.

A memory flashed through Yoriichi's mind as he remembered you scraping your knees after tripping on a root.

Yoriichi looked back at Kiyoshi as he stood in front of the boy and crouched down with his back facing Kiyoshi.

"You can't walk. I'll carry you." Yoriichi exclaimed as he blankly looked back at Kiyoshi, waiting for him to climb on his back.

Kiyoshi quickly followed Yoriichi's actions as he carefully hopped on Yoriichi's back, with the help of the slayer himself. Yoriichi slowly stood up and adjusted his hold on Kiyoshi as the two of them began to find a way out of the mansion.

'This reminds me of the times I carry (Y/N) on my back..' Yoriichi thought with a small smile gracing his face.

Kiyoshi looked at the male in confusion when he suddenly noticed Yoriichi's sudden happy aura and the flowers appearing around the air.

----------

Yoriichi found the door he and Douma used to enter the mansion. Smiling to himself as he can finally reunite with you again, he made his way closer to the door with Kiyoshi on his back.

"Excuse me, sir. Do you think my siblings are going to be okay?" Kiyoshi asked Yoriichi.

"I think they will be okay.. they're with another adult." Yoriichi replied, placing his hand on the door and opening it wide open.

Yoriichi's eyes widened at the scene before him. He watched as Douma ran around in circles with the box you reside in, in his grasp. Another male with raven hair and strange, pink eyelashes was chasing the rainbow eyed male.

"GIVE THE BOX TO ME DAMN IT!" the ravenette shouted.

"NO! THIS BOX BELONGS TO SOMEONE ELSE! YOU CAN'T JUST TAKE IT! SCREW YOU!" Douma yelled back as he held the box like his life depended on it.