Chapter 13

You and your father went inside another room and sat down. You laid down on the floor and rolled around.

You could feel the glare Yushiro was giving you as you rolled towards your father.

Yoriichi let out a warm smile as he watched you roll towards him. You placed your head on your father's lap and played with the ends of his hair.

"Please make yourselves at home." Tamayo exclaimed as she watched you braid your father's hair with a small smile on her face.

"Now then, allow me to continue." Tamayo exclaimed as she and Yushiro sat down across you and your father. "I adjusted our bodies so that we can live without devouring humans. A small amount of human blood is all we need." Tamayo explained.

"Blood?" Yoriichi asked. "Yes but what I do is buy blood under the guise of transfusions from those unable to make ends meet. Of course, no more than would impair them. Yushiro can get by with even less blood. I'm the one who turned him into a demon." Tamayo added making Yoriichi's eyes widened.

"It's generally held that no one but Kibutsuji can reproduce demons. That's more or less accurate. After more than 200 years, I was only able to transform Yushiro into a demon after all." Tamayo said.

Yoriichi looked down to see you making a small braid on his hair. He let out a small smile as he brushed the back of his hand on your cheek.

You held your father's hand that was on your cheek and nuzzled it. You then looked up at your father with a close eyed smile.

"There is one thing that I'd like to clear up with you. I am not trying to create more demons. I only perform the procedure on the terminally ill or those so gravely injured that they don't have long to live. And in those cases, I always ask them beforehand if they wish to live on even as demons." Tamayo exclaimed as Yoriichi patted your head.

"Alright. I trust that you are doing everything you can to help and protect humans." Yoriichi said, making Tamayo and Yushiro look at him in astonishment.

"Tamayo-san, I would like to ask you something." Yoriichi began as he looked at Tamayo.

"Is there a way to return a transformed demon back to a human?" Yoriichi asked.

Your hand went towards your head as you felt the hairpin your father gave you earlier, making you hum in happiness. You looked up at the ceiling and raised your feet, swinging them in the air.

"Yes..there is a way to turn a demon..back into a human." Tamayo exclaimed, making Yoriichi lit up with hope.

"Please tell me how, Tamayo-san." Yoriichi stated.

"For any kind of wound, there's always some kind of medicine or treatment. At this time, I'm unable to turn a demon back into a human, but surely, that, too..." Tamayo trailed off as you looked at her.

"However, we are dedicated to establishing such a method of treatment. Towards the end, I'd like to ask the two of you to do something for me. To produce such an elixir, it is necessary to study the blood of numerous demons." Tamayo explained as you held your father's hand and swung it around.

"I have two favors to ask of you, Yoriichi-san. One, permission to study your daughter's blood. Two, to retrieve blood samples from demons as closely related to Kibutsuji as possible. (Y/N)'s current conditions are rare and unique. I understand that she was asleep for two years straight, and I believe that her body underwent changes during that time." Tamayo stated.

"Normally, any demon who went that long without consuming the flesh or blood of a human or beast would unquestionably go berserk. And yet, surprisingly, she showed none of those signs. This miracle will be the key to finding a solution." Tamayo added as you held your father's hand closer and nuzzled it again.

"The other request I have for you is a different one. By 'demons closely related to Kibutsuji', I meant demons whose powers are more on par with that of Kibutsuji himself. It won't be easy to extract blood from such demons. Are you still willing to go along with my requests?" Tamayo asked Yoriichi.

"If there's no other way, then I'll do it." Yoriichi stated.

"If it means you're going to research all these demons' blood and create this medicine. If that happens, that means it won't just be my daughter. Lots of other people will be saved too, right?" Yoriichi asked to which Tamayo nodded in reply at his question.

"Mmph! Mmph!" you hummed out determinedly as you look at Tamayo and gave her a thumbs up.

Tamayo's gaze softened as she gave you a kind smile. "I'll allow you to study my daughter's blood. If it's to turn her back to human again, I'll do anything for my little sun." Yoriichi stated as he patted your head.

"Though it might not be enough, we can get started on our research and begin on working for the cure." Tamayo exclaimed.

Yoriichi felt a different presence as he wrapped his arms around you in a protective manner. "Get down!" Yushiro yelled as he ran towards Tamayo and protected her.

You squinted your eyes from the dust flying around as you saw two balls coming through the walls. Yoriichi held you close to him as he watched the room be destroyed by the two balls.

You held onto your father as you noticed the furnitures in the room be broken and shattered by the balls. The two balls bounce around the room, creating holes here and there when they suddenly flew outside.

You all heard laughter as you turned to see two demons standing outside of the house.

"Have you decided on how you will kill them?" you heard one of them asked to their companion. "Vindictively, of course!" The other replied with a laugh.

"You were right, Yahaba! A building appeared out of nowhere!" The female demon with the temari balls exclaimed loudly with a laugh.

"The handiwork of a Blood Demon Arts wielder adept at hiding objects. And the demon hunter is accompanied by demon. What is going in here?" The demon known as Yahaba spoke with a grin.

Yoriichi narrowed his eyes at the two demons while you looked at them with dotted eyes.

"Mmph..?" you hummed in confusion.