Chapter 6

It was now nightfall. Yoriichi saw a path full of wisteria trees and walked across through it. He climbed up the stairs to see other students who were also participating in the Final Selection.

"Everyone." Yoriichi turned to see a pair of twins: one has white hair and the other has black hair.

"We thank you for coming here tonight. To the Demon Slayers Corps Final Selection." The twins exclaimed.

"There are demons imprisoned here on Mt. Fujikasane captured alive by the Demon Slayer swordsmen, and unable to leave." the white haired twin said.

"That is because the wisteria, which demons hate so much, blooms year-round from the bottom to halfway up the mountain." The black haired twin explained.

"However, there is no wisteria from this point on, and so demons abound."

"You'll need to survive here for seven days to pass the Final Selection."

"And now, be on your way." The twins announced as they bowed and left.

Yoriichi placed his hand on top of his blade and began to walk into the forest.

---------------------------

Yoriichi ran around the forest, keeping an eye out for any demons that might attack.

'Survive for seven days...... I think I can do that.' Yoriichi thought as he hid behind a rock to rest for a bit.

Yoriichi felt a presence from above as he quickly moved to the side. "A demon...." Yoriichi muttered as another yell came from behind him. Yoriichi turned and blocked another demon's attack as he jumped away.

"Damn you! Don't try to steal my prey, man! Get away from my turf, dammit!" One of the demons yelled as he attacked the other.

"To hell with you! He's my prey!" was the other demon's reply. Yoriichi had a blank look on his face as he watched the two bickering demons.

"It's first come, first served!" One of them yelled out as they both went to attack Yoriichi.

"It's been ages since I last had human flesh!" The demon yelled as they again lunged towards Yoriichi.

'Sun Breathing.' Yoriichi thought as he took a stance and unsheathed his blade. "Third form: Raging Sun." Yoriichi exclaimed as he swung his sword horizontally. Yoriichi sliced off both of the demon's neck as he watched the bodies disintegrate.

The demons cried out in pain as they turned to ashes. Yoriichi placed his blade back in its scabbard and clasped his hands together in a praying position. "Rest in peace." Yoriichi mumbled as he turned and walked away.

Yoriichi heard some screaming not too far away as he went towards it.

"No way... I didn't sign up for this!" Yoriichi heard a voice yell out.

Yoriichi's eyes slightly widened in surprise as he saw a participant running away from a giant demon.

'What is that?' Yoriichi thought as he saw a giant demon with numerous arms wrapping itselves around the demon's neck.

Yoriichi saw the demon about to grab the participant as he quickly dashed towards them and sliced off the demon's arms.

The demon was surprised by Yoriichi's actions while the participant looked at Yoriichi with relief.

"Go. Run." Yoriichi stated as he continued to stare at the demon, in case it starts to attack again.

"You can't defeat me just by slicing off my arms." the demon said as it watched the participant nodding to Yoriichi then ran away.

Yoriichi charged towards the demon, avoiding some of the arms that were being aimed at him. Yoriichi sensed something under him as he quickly jumped high above the ground.

Arms began to come out of the ground from where Yoriichi was supposed to be. 'So its arms can move and come out below ground as well.' Yoriichi thought.

'I missed him! But I bet there's no way he can dodge this attack while in mid air!' the demon thought as he shot out his arm, aiming it towards Yoriichi.

Yoriichi moved to the side and continued to advance, dodging the demon's arms and using it as a stepping stone run towards the demon.

'He avoided it?!' the demon thought as Yoriichi prepared his blade. Yoriichi slashed down every arm that came at him as he then jumped near to the demon's neck.

'He's gotten too close! My neck is tough, nothing to worry! He can't slash through it!' the demon thought as all his arms shot out to Yoriichi.

"Sun Breathing. Third form: Raging Sun." Yoriichi stated as he sliced off the demon's head.

The demon's head rolled a few feet away as Yoriichi landed safely on the ground with ease. 'Damn it!' the demon cursed as Yoriichi sheathed his blade back in its scabbard.

The demon's eyes widened when Yoriichi turned and looked at the demon. Yoriichi walked towards the demon's outstretched hand that was open. He grabbed the demon's giant hand and felt it closing up.

The demon's fading head has tears falling out of his eyes as he looked at Yoriichi.

"The next time this person is reborn, please make sure he doesn't turn into a demon." Yoriichi said as the demon faded with a small tear falling to the ground.

Seven days has passed by. Yoriichi continued to run around the area, finishing off any demons that comes in his way.

Yoriichi suddenly found himself in an area full of wisteria, making him stop in his tracks and look around. 'I made it.' Yoriichi thought as he walked towards where the other participants who survived had gathered.

Yoriichi found himself back at the entrance. He looked at the other participants who survived. 'There's only five of us? I'm sure there were at least twenty who participated. The participant I saved back then isn't here either.' Yoriichi thought as he looked at the participants who survived.

Yoriichi saw a girl with a pink haori and a butterfly hair clip on the side of her head. A boy with long blonde hair and rainbow colored eyes. There was also a boy with short black hair, blue eyes and pink eyelashes. The last boy had a somewhat mohawk styled hair and a large scar across his nose.

"Congratulations. We're please to see that you have returned safely." The twins spoke out.