Chapter 4

You felt your body moving around in the basket as you held on the sides to keep yourself still.

Your father ran and followed Urokodaki with the basket, containing you, on his back.

'(Y/N), please bear with all the shaking.' Yoriichi thought as he ran beside Urokodaki, making said male shocked.

'My precious sun...' Yoriichi trailed off as a memory suddenly played in his mind.

----------------------------

"Otou-san look! What are those flying things in the sky?" you asked as you walked through the stalls of the market with your father, pointing at the sky.

Yoriichi stopped in his steps as he looked up to where you pointed. "Those are called kites. People fly kites when there is a strong wind. The person holds the string attached to the kite so it wouldn't fly away." Yoriichi explained.

Stars appeared in your eyes as you looked at the kids flying the kites in awe. You then turned towards your father. "Can we fly kites sometimes, Otou-san?" you asked.

Yoriichi's eyes widened in surprise. No one has ever ask him to fly a kite with him. He would be the one who usually asks his brother to fly a kite with him.

You noticed your father was staring at you, making you worried. "Otou-san?" you asked, worried that you might have said something wrong.

What you didn't expect, was Yoriichi engulfing you in a hug. Your eyes widened in surprise at the action. You noticed some people looking at you and your father as they passed by.

"Otou-san..." you trailed off, unsure of what to say.

"We can fly kites as much as you want. I'll help you make one if you like." Yoriichi stated as your eyes lit up.

"Okay!" you happily exclaimed, showing your father a bright smile.

-------------------------------

'I'll turn you back into a human, (Y/N). Then we can fly kites again.' Yoriichi thought as his face held a determined look.

Yoriichi and Urokodaki stopped in front of a small house at the foot of the mountain.

"Have I passed the test?" Yoriichi asked as he watched Urokodaki open the door to the house.

"The test starts now. We're going to climb a mountain." Urokodaki replied.

Yoriichi gently placed your sleeping form on a futon. "I'll make sure to take care of your daughter for you." Urokodaki stated.

Yoriichi's gaze softened as he brushed away some strands of your hair away from your face. "I'll come back quick, (Y/N)." Yoriichi whispered as he then stood up.

"I'm counting on you, Urokodaki-san." Yoriichi said as he looked behind him to where Urokodaki stands.

"Follow me." Urokodaki stated as he and Yoriichi went up to the mountains. Yoriichi continued to follow Urokodaki until he finally stopped walking.

"Now, from here, go back down to the house at the foot of the mountain. You have until daybreak." Urokodaki exclaimed as he disappeared from the fog.

Yoriichi looked around his surroundings, staying alert. He felt some of the traps on the way as he followed Urokodaki.

'So he covered the mountain with traps...' Yoriichi thought as he began to run down the mountain. Making sure to avoid and not trigger any of the traps Urokodaki set.

'The air here is also thinner... I have to train hard and regain my strength if I want to find a cure for (Y/N).' Yoriichi thought as he took a deep breath and exhaled it.

'I'm going to make it back. No matter what.' Yoriichi thought as he continued to descend down the mountain avoiding the traps.

'Uta.. I'm so sorry. I was stupid to leave you and (Y/N) alone that day....' Yoriichi trailed off.

'But... I'll save (Y/N). I will turn her back. Back into a human. As her father, I'll continue on to protect her. That I promise you.' Yoriichi thought determinedly as he jumped across a pitfall.

------------------------------

Urokodaki placed a blanket over your sleeping form. He suddenly heard a knock from the door as he turned to see Yoriichi.

Beneath the tengu mask, Urokodaki had a look of shock on his face when he noticed it was still nighttime. There wasn't even a single scratch on Yoriichi.

"I'm back." Yoriichi stated.

Silence enveloped the atmosphere as the two males had a stare off.

"Did you descend the mountain?" Urokodaki asked.

"Yes. You told me to descend the mountain before daybreak." Yoriichi replied.

"Did you even activated a trap?"

"No. I noticed the traps you set around the mountain so I did my best to avoid them." Yoriichi said with a blank expression.

"How is my daughter?" Yoriichi asked as he slowly made his way towards your sleeping form.

"She's all right. She hasn't woken up yet." Urokodaki answered as he watched Yoriichi gently patting your head.

"My brother, Michikatsu, told me that you helped him become a Demon Slayer again." Yoriichi said as he looked at Urokodaki.

"Yes. I'm guessing you want me to help you become a Demon Slayer as well?" Urokodaki asked to which Yoriichi nodded.

"I want to become a Slayer again. If I succeed, I might be able to find a cure to turn my daughter back to a human." Yoriichi exclaimed as he looked down at your unconscious form.

"I was reluctant to help Michikatsu with his training, considering he was from the Sengoku Era. I didn't believe his story at first, but the results of his training has proved me wrong. Now... here you stood, the user of the first breath, wanting to become a Demon Slayer again after many years." Urokodaki said.

"Yoriichi Tsugikuni. Allow me to help you become a Demon Slayer." Urokodaki stated.

----------------------------

Forgive my abruptness, Mr. Sakonji Urokodaki.

I'm sending my brother your way who wishes to become a Demon Slayer swordsman.

His family was slaughtered by a demon. His daughter, my niece, was turned into one. But I have determined that she will not attack humans.

I can sense something different about her. You must've also remembered that my brother is the first breath user.

I am asking you to help him train. I realize that this is a self-serving request but please forgive me.

I hope that you will take good care of yourself in your endeavors.

Yours truly,
Michikatsu Tsugikuni