Chapter 10

Kazumi was taken aback when we saw you walk towards them. You looked at the two closely as your vision changed.

An image of a figure that looked like your father appeared, except the figure has another mark on his cheek. There stood beside him was a woman with long black hair and black obsidian eyes.

Your gaze softened as you placed both your hands on the side of their heads.

Yoriichi let out a small smile as he watched you interact.

"(Y/N), will you promise me that you will protect humans?" Yoriichi asked as he looked at you.

You stopped twirling the flower in your hand as you looked up at your father and hummed.

"All humans are your family. Protect humans. The demons are the enemy, (Y/N). Never forgive any demon who brings harm onto humans. Remember that, okay?" Yoriichi stated.

"Hmm!" you hummed out with a nod. Yoriichi smiled and patted your head, making you give him a close eyed smile.

Two of the demons appeared as you turned and looked at them. Veins began to appear on your face as you glared at the demons. You began to ran towards the demons, making Yoriichi surprised. "(Y/N)!" Yoriichi exclaimed.

As you neared one of the demons, you raised your leg upwards and swung it down. The demon disappeared, making your foot hit the ground instead. A large crater formed from where you attacked.

You saw the other demon grinning at you as it began to slow descend back into the ground. You were about to go after it when you heard your name being called.

"(Y/N)! Come back here. Don't chase after them. Come to me, my little sun." Yoriichi called out, making you look towards him.

You slowly nodded and began to run back towards your father. Yoriichi noticed the puddle forming in front of you as the demon appeared.

"(Y/N), watch out!" Yoriichi exclaimed.

The demon was about to grab you but stopped when you suddenly jumped. The demon looked up at you and quickly regretted it when your foot slammed down on his face.

You stepped on the demon's face and did a front flip as you landed safely on the ground. You finally reached the others with no injuries sustained, making Yoriichi relieved.

A puddle appeared on your right as the demon jumped and attacked you. You jumped away from the attack as the demon prepared their claws.

Yoriichi was about to step in when the puddle began to inch closer towards him. Yoriichi got an idea and called out for you.

"(Y/N)! I will be going underground. I want you to protect those two. You can do that, right?" Yoriichi asked as you nodded in determination.

You watched your father step onto the puddle and began to slowly descend underground. Your eyes turned into a glare as you looked at the swamp demon in front of you.

Kazumi stared in worry as he watched you fight against the demon. You kept on dodging the demon's attacks that were aimed towards your head.

You quickly ducked down and punched the demon in its stomach. The demon let out a grunt as he staggered back.

'Damn! This girl is powerful!' the demon thought as you kicked the demon a few feet away.