Chapter 21

"The kids already went back to their village. So why are you two following me?" Yoriichi asked as he looked back at the blonde and ravennette behind him.

"The crows told us to descend the mountain and I'm just following you Yoriichi-dono! I don't know about him though." Douma said as he pointed to the ravennette like he was a speck of dust that clung to his clothes.

"It's only right that I follow after the person who is strong. I want to get stronger too so I want to be his disciple!" the male replied as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"I'm not a teacher." Yoriichi stated before turning around and starting to walk on ahead.

"Wait sir! The least I could do is fix my mistake earlier! I didn't mean any harm to your daughter." the male called out as Yoriichi stopped in his tracks before looking back.

"Okay. You help me find a cure for my daughter. No questions asked." Yoriichi simply replied before continuing down the mountain, Douma shrugging at the scene before him as he followed Yoriichi.

"I forgot to introduce myself! I'm Hakuji by the way!" the ravennette, now known as Hakuji, yelled out as he caught up to the two males.

-------------

The trio was led to a mansion with a wisteria crest symbol on the gate.

"Please take time to rest! Rest until you recover!" the crows exclaimed above.

"But I don't even have any injuries." Yoriichi replied before looking back at the two males behind him.

"I got hurt the most. I was physically abused by this guy!" Douma said as he pointed towards the ravennette beside him and gave him a glare.

"I'm also injured due to you fighting back. I think I have a concussion from Yoriichi-san's sandal earlier." Hakuji stated, ignoring the blonde's glare.

Yoriichi let out a small sigh as he turned his attention back to the wisteria mansion. He supposed it wouldn't hurt to stay and rest for a while. Maybe he could also send a letter to Michikatsu and update him on his journey. Yoriichi raised his hand towards the gate and knocked. The gate opened and an old woman peeked out.

"Hello, we have been informed of your arrival. Please, come in." the old woman said as she opened the gate and led them inside the mansion.

"For an old lady, she sure does walk fast." Douma stated before letting out a small yelp of pain when Hakuji smacked the back of his head.

"Don't be rude!" Hakuji whisper-yelled with a glare.

"This is where you'll be staying along with a change of clothes." the woman said as she showed the trio a large room with three futons laid out in the middle. Three separate clothes were placed on top of each futons for the men to change into.

After changing their clothes, they were guided to another room where the food was prepared for them along with a doctor who was ready to patch up their wounds.

Yoriichi silently ate as he watched Douma and Hakuji getting their wounds healed. Douma would whine a lot due to how badly his injuries hurt while Hakuji would wince every often.

'They better not wake (Y/N) up if they keep arguing and yelling.' Yoriichi thought as he discreetly glared at the two males and continued to eat.

----------------

"You two can decide where you want to sleep." Yoriichi said as he placed down the box you were in beside him before laying down on his futon to sleep.

"I'll take the middle." Hakuji stated as he quickly took the futon in the middle.