Chapter 15

You watched closely as Susamaru threw each of her temari balls in your direction. You ran around the area and avoided the temari balls that were about to hit you. You noticed Yushiro in the corner of your eye vanish in thin air.

You noticed Susamaru getting attacked by an invisible force as Yushiro reappeared in front of her. "You hurt Lady Tamayo! I'll never forgive you for that!" Yushiro exclaimed.

"Tamayo? Hey, Susamaru, the one over there..wouldn't that be Tamayo the fugitive? What a great souvenir she'll make!" you all heard Yahaba informed.

"Is that right?" Susamaru said as you watched her stand up and threw her balls towards you and Yushiro. You saw one of the ball coming near you and prepared to kick it back.

"No! Idiot!" Yushiro called out.

"You mustn't kick it!" Tamayo exclaimed.

Before you could react, the ball managed to slice off your leg, making you fall to the ground with a grunt.

You heard Susamaru's laugh getting louder when you suddenly felt someone kick you very hard in the stomach, causing you to fly back inside the house. "What fun this is! I like kemari too! Ow!" Susamaru exclaimed in pain when she felt a strong kick to her chin.

Susamaru looked down to see your sliced off leg jumping up and down, trying to stomp on her foot. "Get out of here!" Susamaru said as she kicked your leg away.

"Yahaba! Will four heads be enough to take home?" Susamaru asked aloud with a laugh. "No, we're only taking two. The demon hunter and the fugitive. We have no use for the other two." Yahaba replied with a grin as he faced Yoriichi.

Tamayo made her way to where you are and saw you slumped over the wall. You gritted your teeth in pain as you watched your leg bleeding. You felt someone gently grab your wound as you turn your head to see Tamayo.

"Oh, (Y/N)..." Tamayo muttered as she gave you a worried look and inspected your wound. 'The bleeding isn't stopping instantly. (Y/N)'s recovering so slowly.' Tamayo thought.

You watched as Tamayo pulled out a syringe and gave you a reassuring look. "(Y/N), this medicine will help heal your leg right away, all right?" Tamayo explained as she injected you with the syringe.

Your vision suddenly changed as you saw the same woman from before. Her black hair tied up while her obsidian eyes held a look of worry. Your gaze softened as you reached your hand out towards the woman.

"Mmph..?" you hummed softly as you placed your hand on the woman's cheek. The woman was surprised from your action as she turned to look at you. You tilted your head to the side as you watched the woman hold your hand that was on her cheek and give you a sad smile.

Your vision returned to normal as you saw Tamayo holding your hand instead while giving you a small smile. "Are you alright, (Y/N)?" Tamayo asked as you slowly nodded your head, wondering who was the woman you kept seeing.

You noticed your injured leg has fully healed and slowly stood up. You stretched your healed leg as you nodded in satisfaction and walked out of the house to where the temari demon was. You saw Yushiro dodging the temari balls but one was about to hit him straight at the head.

You quickly dashed towards Yushiro and jumped. Your leg made contact with the temari ball as you pushed it away from Yushiro. "What fun this is!" Susamaru exclaimed as Yushiro looked at you in shock.

"Hey, you! Don't be so rash just because you're immortal!" Yushiro stated. You landed safely at the ground as you stared up at Yushiro. "W-what's wrong?" Yushiro asked when you suddenly patted him on the head, making him blush.

You continued to give Yushiro headpats as your other hand made a thumbs up, telling Yushiro that you're okay. Yushiro tried to push your hand away but you gave him a smile and continued on patting his head, making him blush heavily.

"What do you think you're doing? Here it comes!" Yushiro exclaimed as he pointed to an incoming temari ball that was aiming towards you both.

Your expression turned into one of anger as you got into a stance and kicked the ball away. You heard Susamaru letting out another laugh as she continues to throw her temari balls at you. You let out a growl as you continued to kick away the temari balls that were heading towards you.

"Look at her.." Yushiro muttered as he stared at you in shock. You kicked the incoming temari ball with enough force as you watched it hit Susamaru straight in the face. You let out a giggle as you twirled and did a peace sign.

You noticed Susamaru glaring at you, making you return her stare. You saw her drop the temari ball towards the ground and watched as she kicked it towards you with full force. You took a stance and kicked the ball back towards Susamaru.

The two of you continued on kicking the ball back and forth as Tamayo and Yushiro stared in amazement at you. "I used a healing serum on (Y/N). Nothing more. It doesn't make one physically stronger. What we're seeing is (Y/N)'s own power. Without devouring on human blood.. solely on her own.. (Y/N) is gaining strength at a rapid rate." Tamayo explained.

You let out a loud growl and kicked the ball much harder than before. Susamaru watched ball flying towards her, about to blow her head off. Susamaru was able to dodge at the last minute as the ball flew past her head and landed on the wall behind her instead.

You heard Susamaru laugh as you tilted your head in confusion. "You're an amusing little girl! This time, I'm going all-out against you! I wonder how long you can hold out!" Susamaru exclaimed with a grin. You took another stance when you saw Tamayo walk towards Susamaru.

"You're in my way! Step back, you damn fugitive!" Susamaru yelled in annoyance. "Just tell me one thing please. Are you aware of Kibutsuji's true identity?" Tamayo asked. You noticed Susamaru's expression turned into shock. "What the hell did you say?!" Susamaru exclaimed.

"That man is nothing but a coward. He lives in constant fear of something.. and someone." Tamayo said. You felt a familiar presence coming your way as you looked at Susamaru and waved her goodbye, making Susamaru confused.

"The heck are you talking about!? There's no one stronger than him! No one--" Susamaru was suddenly cut off as your eyes lit up when you saw your father slicing Susamaru's head off.

You quickly ran towards your father and engulfed him in a hug, humming happily. Yoriichi returned your hug as he patted your head. "I'm glad to see you're okay, my little sunshine." you heard your father whisper out as he held you.

"Mmph!" you happily hummed out as you gave your father a close eyed smile.