part 9

I make my way through the crowd away from the interaction between Caleb and Tyler

I make my way through the crowd away from the interaction between Caleb and Tyler. I slip out the front door letting the cold air engulf me taking in long slow breaths I walk to the end of the porch and lean against the house. I can feel my shoulders shaking and I can hear my sobs escape. Just thinking about Marcus and what he did to me hurts. Marcus was my foster brother in the last home I was in.

My social worker realized that I wasn't being fed properly and I got moved from his house to Molly's. I didnt tell anyone about what he did to me because there was no need I was out of that house for good so what was the purpose of telling them.

I feel a hand land on my shoulder and I jump slightly until my eyes meet his. I wrap my arms around him and Burry  my face in his chest inhaling him in he smells like sandlewood. He goes stiff as a board I don't think he knows what to do. He eventually relaxes and wraps his arms around me while rubbing circles on my back. My breathing evens out and I'm not shaking anymore I feel safe with him I feel like I'm ok.

Until the churning in my stomach warns me to back up. I take a couple steps away and drop to my knees leaning over the edge of the porch. Spilling all the contents of my stomach onto Tyler's pink tulips. I feel Caleb gathering my hair and holding it back away from the liquid coming from my mouth.

I lean against calebs legs and wipe my mouth with the back of my hand. He puts his hands under my arms pulling me up off of the ground. I stumble around a little. He tells something to Ryder while I'm focusing on the fact that I just puked on Tyler's tulips. What if I killed them. I feel calebs hand grab mine and guide me down the stairs. "Hey Caleb do you think I killed Tyler's tulips?" I ask while looking back at the poor pink flowers. I hear him chuckle "fuck his flowers he deserved it" he says while leading me towards his car. He is right Tyler's flowers deserve to die "yeah fuck your tulips Tyler" I shout while throwing my middle finger up at the house that is now behind us.

I feel myself being pushed into the passenger seat of his mustang when he leans over me pulling my seat belt around me buckling me in I get a snif of his shirt when it brushes against my face. I lean my head backwards letting a stupid giddy smile take over my face. "You smell good" I say. I feel the vibrations of his laugh as he pulls his self back through the door shutting it and walking around to the other side of the car.

"What about Ryder? Are we just leaving him here?" I ask slurring my words. "No he is going home with some chic he met in there" he says gesturing towards the house. "Wait where are you taking me?" I ask starting to panic. "Yo-you can't ta- take me home caleb" I stutter. "Okay ok calm down you can come to my house" he says I turn to look at him and give him a thank you smile. "OK i will call Molly and tell her I'm sta-" I start to pull out my phone but it gets snached from my hands."you cannot call her like that" he says pointing at me "I will call her".

He opens my phone scrolling to find Molly's name. He clicks it and holds it to his ear. "Hey Molly?" He says waiting for a response. "I was just calling to let you know that stella fell asleep while studying with me and Ryder and I don't really feel like I should wake her up so is it ok if she stays over?" He asks letting her respond.

I can't hear what she says but he seems pleased with her answer "thank you goodbye" he says hanging the phone up and putting it in my lap. He starts the car and pulls off down the street towards his house. I look down inbetween his seats in the cup holder and spot a pack of cigarettes. I used to smoke right before I moved in with Molly but she told me I couldn't.

I see her eying the cigarettes in the cup holder when she reaches over and pick a them up flipping the top open

I see her eying the cigarettes in the cup holder when she reaches over and pick a them up flipping the top open. She pulls one out and holds it in between her fingers closing the pack and putting them back. She looks over at me with her eyebrows raised questioning me for a lighter. I lift my ass up off the seat sticking my hand in my pocket pulling out a bright green Zippo and handing it to her.

She looks at it for a second with a smirk on her face. She puts the cigarette between her lips flipping the lighter open and lighting the tip. She flips it closed and throws the lighter in my lap. "Didnt know you smoked princess" I say chuckling while making a right turn. She inhales the smoke while laying her head back against the head rest letting it out through her nose. "I haven't had a cigarette in months you don't know how good this feels" she says bringing it back up to her lips once again.

"Why?" I ask a little curious "because when I moved into Molly's house she says "she will not tolerate a smoker" she does air quotes and lowers her voice when telling me what Molly said.  I laugh at her for trying to mock Molly but completely failing. Her eyes track down to the steering wheel where my hands rest her eyebrows furrow and she moves the cigarette from one hand to another. "Does that hurt?" She reaches out and pokes my bleeding nuckles which I hadn't noticed before hand. "Oww" I wince pulling it away from her "of course it fucking hurts princess don't poke it" I hiss at her. She giggles to her self before reaching her hand out and offering me what is left of the cigarette she has been smoking I gladly take and inhale the smoke into my lungs.