part 26

I open my eyes and look up at the ceiling

I open my eyes and look up at the ceiling. Pain erupting in my head as the light seeps through the curtains. Crying myself to sleep wasn't a good idea.My eyes ache as i sit up slowly and my head spins. I walk to the bathroom and see my reflection. I wince at the red rims around my eyes and the pale skin of my cheeks.

I wipe my face off and throw on a pair of ripped jeans with a purple sweater. I grab my bag and head down stairs towards the kitchen. I'm up a little early because I went to sleep as soon as I got home from school yesterday. I put my bag on the bar stool while I make my way around the counter making my bowl of froot loops. I sit at the counter silently thinking about Caleb while I eat  my cereal.

I guess getting to sleep with him isn't that bad, but I would like to mix feelings in there too. He is against that so I will just have to deal with what I am getting. I finish eating my cereal as Molly walks down the stairs. I meet her giving her a hug goodbye before running out the door.

I pull up outside of her house and see her sitting on the curb waiting for me

I pull up outside of her house and see her sitting on the curb waiting for me. She walks over and gets in the car. She turns towards me her waterline and the corner of her eyes are red. Like she has been crying, but like always she has this huge smile on her face. I really hope she wasn't crying over me and the stupid shit I said.

I haven't picked Ryder up yet because I'm a little early. Me and her drive towards ryders house in silence most of the way there. "So do you want to come over tonight?" I ask breaking the silence. Her eyes light up at the invitation "yeah umm I will have to let Molly know I will be home late but yeah" she smiles up at me. She is so perfect.

I'm not good enough for her.

I pull up infront of ryder's house and text him letting him know I'm outside. "I have a question" she says while looking at me with furrowed eyebrows. "Shoot" I say smiling at the way she says she's about to ask a question. "Are you...uh going to see other people while we have this little fling going?" She asks playing with her fingers. Hearing her refer to it as a fling kinda hurt not gonna lie, but it is completely my fault so I can't really blame her.

"No I don't want us seeing other people I don't feel like that is fair to either of us" I say she nods her head and let's out a relived sigh. When I think about her with someone other than me in the way she is implying my blood boils. Ryder hops in the back seat and we drive towards the school.

____________

I sit in my last class eyeing the winter formal poster on the wall. I want to go to it, but I don't have a date. It's in three weeks so maybe by then I might have told stella how I really feel. She might want to go with me then.

The bell rings snapping me out of my thoughts. I stand up and make my way to Stella's locker. Her and Ryder are having a conversation when I intrude. "Are you all ready to go?" I ask as stella closes her locker. "He is taking the bus" she says smiling proudly and gesturing towards Ryder. I furrow my eyebrows and scrunch my nose. "Why?" I ask looking at the two of them. Stella has pulled a pack of skittles from literally no where and is eating them while walking towards the exit.

"Tate Cooper is riding the bus and guess what?" She says while jumping up and down in excitement."what?" I ask suppressing a smile. "He is going to make a move on her" she squeaks as she pushes the door open. I look over at Ryder and see his face is as red as a tomato. "Well good luck" I say while patting him on the shoulder. We wave at Ryder as he gets on the cramped bus.

"I'm so excited for him" she says while walking towards my car. She is looking down in the bag of skittles trying to pick out the colors that she likes. She sits in the passenger seat as I sit in the driver seat. She puts the skittle that was in her hand in her mouth while putting her seat belt on.

I grab her face with both hands and connect our lips. I feel the warmth run through me at her touch like always. She tastes just like the skittles and I wrap my tongue around the one skittles resting on her tongue and pull away. I see her frowning at me as I chew on the skittle I just took.

"You stole my skittle! You asshole that was the last yellow one" she says shaking the package around looking for more yellow skittles. I laugh at her reaction as I back out of the parking lot. She puts the bag of skittles into the cup holder while searching through my middle console pulling out a pack of cigarettes and lighter. She smokes the cigarette on the way to my house. My eyes glancing over to her lips every once in awhile.

I think I have gotten myself into trouble with this one. I pull the car over on the side of the road. We are out in the country surround by trees. We are actually only ten minutes from my house but you get the point. She looks over at me with furrowed eyebrows as she puts the cigarette out in the ash tray."why did we stop?" She asks exhaling her last drawl.

I lean over the middle console cupping her face in my hands. Her tongue finds mine in the matter of seconds and before I know it she is on top of me straddling my hips.

New character

Tate Cooper