epilogue

It's been a week since stella died

It's been a week since stella died. Today is her funeral. I am dressed in a different black suit than the one I wore to the formal. Since it's covered in her blood. I don't know if I can go. I feel like I'm missing a peice of me without her here. They never caught Marcus after he made a run for it witch makes me sick to my stomach.

If she was here I could hear her now telling me to suck it up and deal with it. I grab my laundry basket and start picking up my dirty clothes off of the floor throwing them into the basket. I grab a pair of blue jeans and feel a lump in the pocket. I furrow my eyebrows and reach into the pocket pulling out the pair of lace underwear she hid from tate and Ryder that day.

As I hold the fabric in my hand I slump down on my bed. I put my elbows on my knees while resting my head on the back of my hands. God miss her so much and she has only been gone for seven days. I hear my door swing open and my head snaps up to see Ryder and tate standing in the door way.

"Come on we are going to be late" tate says as she walks closer to me "I'm not going" I grumble. "Yes you are if she was here she would kick your ass now come on" Ryder says slapping my back and walking out the door. He doesn't show how much it really affects him but I know underneath he's hurting too.

_____________

We pull up to the cemetery tate and Ryder In the back seat. I'm not ready to let anyone have her seat yet. It is her seat. She would argue with Ryder day in and day out over who got the front seat. So I'm not just going to give it to him because she's not here.

I step out of my car and see everyone gathered around a cedar box about the same length as stella. I walk towards where Molly is standing and wrap my arm around her shoulders. She burries  her face into my chest while letting out tiny sobs. She backs away from me and looks up into my eyes.

"Your up next" she wispers pointing at the front of where everyone is standing giving speeches. I was supposed to write one but im just going to fly by the seat of my pants. I step up infront of everyone while looking down at the wooden box it makes my stomach twirl knowing she's In there. "So um I'm going to be honest I didn't really prepare anything to say, but for any of you who didn't know her like I did. She was sweet and kind and she could sometimes be a bitch if she wanted to" my shaky voice sounds gaining a few laughs from people as tears gather in my eyes.

"But that's who she was. Her unhealthy obsession with froot loops was just mind blowing" I laugh as my voice cracks. "She was so perfect and I miss her so much already. It's hard to breathe without her" my eyes catch sight of Tyler and his glossy eyes. I pause for a moment as everyone follows my gaze. "You shouldn't be here" I growl my eyes lock with his "The way you treated her when she was alive gives you no right to show up here and pretend you cared about her you made her life a living hell..what did she ever do to you huh?" I shout through gritted teeth as I feel someone grip my arms and pull me away from the crowd.

I turn to see Ryder standing there with tears rolling down his face. I wrap my arms around him as I cry into his shoulder. "She's really gone Ryder " I wisper "she's never coming back" I wimper. It hurts thinking about all the things we could have done but never got to.

Our story ended before it ever officially began.