part 11

I turn to see her staring up at me with tear stained cheeks

I turn to see her staring up at me with tear stained cheeks. "I'm hungry" she says looking down at her hand wrapped around my wrist. I chuckle at the change of subject. She stands up off the bed slowly moving her hand down to intertwine our fingers. The warmth from her touch runs up my arm. I never get this feeling when I touch anyone else.

I pull her behind me while heading towards the kitchen. Trying to ignore my attraction towards her. I don't do girlfriends and if i give into my attraction towards her it will only mess up our friendship. I can only offer a physical relationship...like a no feelings involved type of thing. I feel like that kind of relationship would ruin our friendship and I cannot lose her as a friend.

We walk into the kitchen and she plops down on the barstool at the counter. She rests her chin in her palm  she watches me as I walk towards the pantry.I open the doors as I feel her peeking over my shoulder. "Oh I want froot loops" her excited voice travels through the kitchen I grab the box of cereal. I place it on the counter infront of her while I grab two bowls and two spoons and place them down beside her. She grabs the box and dumps some into each bowl while I grab the milk and pour it and place it back in the refrigerator.

I sit down on the stool beside her and put the spoons in the bowls and scoot her's towards her. She pushes the dry cereal under the milk with her spoon. I look at the time that is in big red numbers on the microwave. We have only been asleep for 35 minutes witch doesn't really give her enough time to become sober. I eat my froot loops While she shoves the spoon that is to big into her mouth.

She looks over towards me her eyes glossy and red. Her finger comes up to my neck. She placed her finger at the top of my rose tattoo trailing it down to the very bottom sending heat traveling through my spine and right towards my balls."does this mean anything?" She asks tilting her head to the side with a questioning look. "Actually yes it does" I say scrunching my nose up at her.

"OK well what does it mean stud?" She asks slurring her words I take a deep breath preparing myself "I have it for my mom.....she passed away when I was 10.....she loved roses had them everywhere and her middle name was also rose so it kinda means alot to me" I say while rubbing the back of my neck nerverously hoping she doesn't shower me with sympathy like people usually do. She picks up a spoon full of cereal and shoves it into her mouth "if it makes you feel any better my moms dead too" she mumbles while chewing up her mouthful. She makes me chuckle at her comparison between us she is most definitely still a little tipsy. I wonder if the reasons she is in the foster system is because of her mom dying.

"OK can I ask a question now princess ?" I ask she looks at me with raised eyebrows "yeah go for it" she says with a smirk.I want to ask her about her scars but I feel like I shouldn't have seen them so I don't instead I ask " why are you in the foster system?" Her eyes trail up to meet mine as she shovels a spoon full of froot loops into her mouth. I wonder how she still has any left after eating so much. I look down to see that she now has my bowl of froot loops that I left unoccupied.

"Well my mom,dad and brother died in a house fire 7 years ago when I was ten I am a minor so I have to have a legal guardian" she says waving the spoon in the air at me while talking. "Were you home when it happend?" I ask she shakes her head up and down letting out a unhourmous laugh "yep only one to make it out alive" she says moving the colorful circles around in the milk. she doesn't look sad but I don't know what to say I don't like when people show me pitty so maybe she doesn't either

She pushes the bowl towards me and stands up swaying on her feet. I put the two bowls into the sink and walk after her as she stumbles up the steps "I have to pee" she says stopping mid step and looking at me. I walk in front of her dragging her the rest of the way up the stairs and opening the bathroom door. She walks in closing the door behind her. I stand outside the door waiting on her to finish her business.

I think I hear heaving like she's throwing up but i'm not sure. "Caleb!" Her voice echoes from the other side of the door. "Hey....stella I'm coming in" I don't want her to be indecent and me see something I shouldn't but I'm also worried because I don't want her to choke on her own vomit.

I push the door open to see she is hovered over the toilet. She is spilling her guts once again. I walk over behind her crouching down and gathering her hair. Everything she just ate down stairs making it's way out of her body. I rub my hand up her back patting it as she slumps back against me. I help her stand up and she faces me looking at me with water pooling in her eyes."I just wasted so many froot loops"she slurs as she places her face on my chest wrapping her arms tightly around me as sobs fall from her lips.

I reach my hand up running my fingers through her hair trying to calm her down "hey it's OK we can buy more froot loops" I say but I have a feeling she is crying over something other than the cereal that just made a reappearance so I don't laugh.I lead her to my bedroom where she flops down on the bed pulling the covers over her. This tiny fragile girl has been through so much more than anyone should ever have to experience. I walk over to the bed her hair is clung to her wet cheeks from the tears that still silently fall.