Chapter 58: What am I, Dr. Phil?

Song quote: Burning Pile
All my troubles on a burning pile
All lit up and I start to smile
If I catch fire then I change my aim
Throw my troubles at the pearly gates
Oh, oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh, oh
All your woe bygone be gone
I said all your troubles, you don't need a thing
ーーーーーー

(it's been like a month💀 forgive me pls-😭)

Third Person's Pov:

At Daehyeon high, it was raining outside. Jake was looking outside the window as he was thinking of something.

"Timothy." he spoke, getting Timothy's attention.

"Show me the ranks." he told him and Timothy quickly tapped on his iPad before handing it over to Jake "Here."

Jake looked at the iPad as he scrolled past the ranks, looking at all the names that were ranked onto the Shuttle Patch.

"Hmm... It's kinda boring right now..." he commented and Timothy gave him a confused look "What do you mean?"

"I just want to heat it up a little." Timothy had confusion written all over his face as he tried to process what Jake meant.

"Can you try raising the stakes by firing up the crowd?" Jake asked as he showed the screen to Timothy.

"Well, it's not that hard to do..."

'But I don't think that'll be necessary... This is already a big match... And everyone has been waiting to see this...' Timothy thought to himself as a few beads of sweat started to form as he thought about Jake's request.

"I wanna... Provoke Ben Park a little more."

"Provoke?"

"I want Ben Park to take this... As seriously as I do."
ーーーーーー

Meanwhile at Eunjang high

Your Pov:

You were currently sitting at your desk while looking out of the window. It was pouring outside, so thankfully you brought your umbrella.

Feeling your phone vibrate, you take it out to check our the notification you've received.

New message from Jake

You hesitated a bit and wanted to ignore the message, due to him finding out you were Eunjang's Female Fighter and you were sort of apart of the whole Union thing.

Letting out a sigh, you decided to check out the message to see what he wanted instead of ignoring his messages and being a total jerk.

Unlocking your phone and going straight to your messages, you hesitated to click on the chat with Jake.

You thought about it again before pressing the chat.

"Screw it."

Jake
Hey, (Y/n)? Are you busy?

(Y/n)
No, why?

Jake
Is it alright if we could go on a call for a moment? It's hard to say this through text.