Chapter 16

Unknown Path

Along the way, the twin meet the poor bird following them secretly. With a swift swoop from Bellare, the crane was drag down. "Miira, look, it's the roasted meat!!!" Liira was elated, her murderous look was slightly alleviated. "En, it looks like this bird wanted to be eaten by us" Miira agreed, her mood was obviously off. The poor crane watch the two in tears. It was flying at least two kilometers away, how did these two still detect him? They must be monsters right? Scared, the crane tried flying away, using it's innate ability to instantly fly high. Below the twin were impressed, they did not expect that this food could actually fly fast and high!

"Bellare, bite him!"smiling, Miira was very pleased. If this bird could fly fast, then perhaps they could catch that liar faster!!! Such a convenient thing. So the two pursue the fleeing bird, making the crane fly away in desperation"When we catch him, let Liira tie him up so he could not ran away again" Liira smiled, imagining how she could restrain that liar obediently at home. "Or break his legs", obviously, Miira was more pissed off than her twin sister.

Michael, on the other hand was completely unaware with the vicious plan the twin had in store for him. After snatching Julius' map that was delivered to him by a knight awhile ago, he was actually studying how to exit Silica. "How are you even planning to conquer this tower?" He asked, finally tired of the silence. Julius merely look at him, still refusing to answer. For him, talking to this rude guy is useless. "Oh, so you don't know?", Michael sneered, acting as if he knew it. Of course this fool wouldn't know. Just who is he? He is just a priest!!! Those men who live their life stuck inside churches never knew what a hard life raider had to go through in each raid. They are like saplings inside a greenhouse, they never knew how world really works!

Julius just silently observed him, he wouldn't waste his time fighting this insufferable guy. For a moment, he could guess why this guy would be cursed in the first place. Look at how arrogant he is, if Julius was a demon kin, he'd also melt this guy into a puddle. To think he wasted time trying to show concern for this asshole. Truly a waste of time and effort!

This kind of attitude really reminds him of a certain protagonist. What an egotistic idiot. Those types were the ones who will be betrayed by their companions the most.

"Sir, it's almost time for the meeting",outside, the same young knight reminded him. Julius immediately left, he simply doesn't want to share the same space at that rude fellow anymore. Julian greeted him as per usual, his voice still had a hint of awkwardness. Beside him was Ruiz, who grins as he gestured Julius inside a separate tent. Tonight, they set out a camp in a nearby forest. It was the closest place before Silica, since the place was shrouded with parasitic spiders and poisonous webs, it was a hellish trip from the get go.

"According to our position, it is better for us to take a round trip in this forest instead of taking the usual path", as a start, Julius had taken the lead during their meeting. "I don't understand, isn't the usual road the standard path? ", the raiders nodded their heads. Why take a round trip? Wouldn't they waste time by doing so? Seeing this, Julius simply ignores them. "Not exactly. Although the usual path was the fastest and shortest route towards Silica, but it was infested by poisonous spiders. Just taking a single trip there would instantly summon a mob of spiders. The time we spent fighting them will at least take half a day".

"Wasn't it the same? The round trip also takes 12 hours by terrain",Julian interjected. The nearby raider also agreed. "Not if we take a shortcut", Julius said, looking impassive. He let out a heavy sigh. This huh. It looks like he really needs to pass by that witch. The others tilted their heads, utterly confused. "Um......there is no road there", a raider commented. Since awhile ago, this group of veterans were dumb founded. They have been working as raiders for years now, this old path was simply like a backyard for them. So what shortcut is the Achinuss elder is talking about?

"There is. Right here", pointing in an empty space in the map, Julius look quite confident. That's right, why go through all that senseless fighting? Not only will it tire their knights, they will also need to use their potions. Silica is not really an easy raid, they need all the resources that they had, so conserving them was only natural.
The raiders were all confused.That place was just an empty swamp, after taking these path for so many years, it was an unheard thing for them to know. Surely, this master isn't here to joke with them right?

_____________________________________

Thanks for reading......