Chapter 1

What a shitty plot

Its been five months since Ling Chen dated his very first girlfriend, An Mu.
Ling chen noted that this might be the start of his spring filled college life, with lots of friends and a pretty girlfriend.

An Mu was a timid literary girl,who opted to stay in the library instead of going out with her peers.Despite this,Ling chen is quite fond of her and her little outburst whenever she talks about her favorite novel.

Ling chen would tolerantly listen to her animated talking, spending their first month of dating inside the library.Out of consideration, he even read her beloved novel,Journey for Supremacy, just so he could have a common topic .

Journey For Supremacy is a fantasy book with pretty much a munchkin world building.

The protagonist,Michael, lives in a world of magic where towers exist.This towers contains lots of dangerous monsters, despite of that, raiders still continue to climb it in hopes of passing the tower trials and finally, obtaining the artifacts which every resident of that world longs for.

Artifacts are basically magical vessel which stores powerful magic belonging to a certain god or entities which lives in the past or a different world. These artifacts will create a tower and trials in order to protect itself. However, due to recent development, humans managed to climb the towers and obtain the artifacts.They were called raiders.

The raider who conquers the highest towers and owns the seven most important artifacts will then be granted with a wish from the gods who created it.

Michael, an orphan dreams of becoming the best raider.Together with his childhood sweetheart, Alice and his friend Harvey, they climb the tower in hopes of changing their fates.

"Why is Michael so stupid though? he could have win the trials and become the strongest if he just dump that traitorous girl?"

Looking at his girlfriend,Ling Chen can't help stating his opinion.Who would even do that?Isn't the protagonist supposed to be super awesome?Why did he kept on trusting his comrades,even though they betrayed him?So stupid honestly.

To his surprise,An Mu shot him a death glare.

"Because he loves her.Alice is his first love you know.That's why he gave her the supreme artifact"

Smiling, An Mu loves that type scenario, which baffles Ling Chen quite a lot.

"However, in the end he just died like the rest of the losers in the tower."

Laughing, Ling Chen was feeling so much pity for the protagonist.He couldn't even finish half of the book, feeling the frustration over the protagonist. He even thought it was Journey for Supreme stupidity instead.

Too much white knighting, and his entire party are made up of useless baggages, the heroine is a damsel in distress, with little use plus she even fell for the main antagonist and betrayed Michael.

Honestly, the worst novel plot ever,Ling Chen was never a fan of fantasy books, nor books for that matter.

Which is why he promptly stop reading after 2000 chapters.He couldn't possibly finish reading it.3000 chapters for the first book alone plus it even had a sequel.Arghh.........

Ling Chen thought An Mu wouldn't mind it,however, it is pretty much obvious that she took that as an insult.Receiving a break up text from your 5 months girlfriend just because of a novel was probably the worst day in Ling Chen's life.

Later that evening, Ling Chen tried his best to finish the rest of the novel.Eyes drooping, drowsiness start to overcome his senses.With a loud thud, his eyes finally closed, dropping the book in the floor.