Chapter 37

"Julius!!! You damn vermin!!", suddenly, light flashes between the two. Asmodeus dodge the light, nimbly distancing himself from the priest. Tsk... clicking his tongue, he looked at his assailant. " What are you trying to do?!", Jade huffed in anger.

"Jade!" Julius took notice of his savior, relieved and worried at the same time. "Julius! Just stay there, I'll deal with this disgusting thing first", Jade warned turning to the demon. Of course, Asmodeus merely scoffs hearing the priest's threat. Frankly, Julius was surprised that Jade managed to get to him first, considering that he was Jade afterall. "No, I'll help you", worried, Julius gathered his strength. He cannot just sit there and spectate, especially that the demon before him is not just any demon. That's the freaking villain!! The main Boss!!! Julius internally shriek. Why does he have to face the main antagonist? He's just an extra! A cannon fodder small time villain! He shouldn't be in here in the first place!!!

Swallowing all of his complaints, Julius turned to his friend. "Let me help you, that demon is not normal......I think we should proceed with caution". Julius is well aware that even if he and Jade teams up, there is no way they can fight off Asmodeus. However, he believes that perhaps they can buy time, hoping to somehow distract the demon and escape.

"You're having cute thoughts. However, I won't be fooled easily", Asmodeus intercedes his train of thought, easily guessing his plan. Julius frowned in annoyance. "Give up while I'm still in a good mood. I'm sure you are well aware that this is futile struggle, hmmm?" as if teasing him, the demon even smiled in benevolence.

"Also, it wouldn't be good if you try to resist, after all, that friend of yours needs some help", in a sing song voice, the demon hinted at Julius. "Shut up!!"Jade screamed furiously. He does not intend to worry Julius for such a trivial matter. However, it was too late. Feeling pain on his back, Jade grimaced in pain, losing balance. Julius face paled, before running towards his friend. "Jade!!!?Hey!!!", Julius yelled worriedly. The priest fell down, hitting the cold floor.

Damn....damn....why did I not notice it? Julius berates himself. He gasped in anxiety, propping Jades body towards him. Feeling warm sticky fluid, Julius shakes in fear. Shaking his bloody hands, he confirms what he fears the most. On Jade's back was a large gashed ripping both skin and flesh, the blood spilling all over it, dying his white robes in red. "No....no...Jade....hey!?" For the first time, Julius panics and lost control. Suddenly, the sinking realization of being helpless in this surreal story reminded of his powerlessness.

"Hea-",

"No..... don't use a spell", despite his bloodied state, Jade stops Julius from healing him. He was afraid of another back clash, possibly harming his friend again. "It's fine, you'll hurt yourself if the spell back clash again", Jade murmured in worry.
Hearing this, Julius angrily yelled, "what back clash? You're dying!!" Ignoring Jade, Julius attempts to use heal again, but the man interrupts it, gripping Julius'arm.

"Jade!!! Don't be an idiot!! You'll die!!" Julius screamed in frustration. Even though Jade is just a character, but Julius was absolutely terrified of seeing bleed him to death like this. Jade murmured incoherently before passing out. Heal!!!heal!!! Heal!!!! Heal!! Shaking, Julius continuously casted healing spells. He won't allow Jade to die here. 

"Enough! You'll hurt yourself if you continue!" Someone takes Julius' hand. Trembling, the priest looks up at the voice. "You won't heal him like that. A demon attacks him, so you better use purify first before healing him. Here, use a potion", a scarred hand  placed a gleaming red potion on his palms. Face covered in dirty bandages and spotty clothes splattered in dark fluids, the hoarse voice roughly reminded Julius.

Suddenly, Julius stops and thinks. Indeed. He must use purify before heal. Seeing the priest regains his composure, Micheal nods then turns  his attention at the demon. "Tssk....I thought my new servants can handle  few scrubs, it seems that my efforts at making them is pointless", Asmodeus says casually. Contrary to his words, his tone does not seem to be disappointed at all.

" So it was you, the demon who made my friends like that", Michael furiously asked. His rage grew more after seeing the demon simply shrug his shoulder as if confirming his questions with a nonchalant attitude. "Friends? Hahahaha I see. They were friends hmmm...", Asmodeus laughs, as if hearing Michael say the word "friend" is the funniest thing he have heard.

"Well, I thought they were your obedient servants rather than friends. Perhaps I was mistaken", Asmodeus shrugged his arms. "I thought you were not friends at all, isn't that right, Harvey?", sneering, Asmodeus asks the newly arrived demons emerging from the shadows. The moon from above shone, providing ample lighting, enough to illuminate the abandoned temple. Two new demons lurks, their red eyes gleaming. "I see that despite changing your species, your weakness is still the same", Asmodeus comments at Harvey, especially annoyed at seeing his sorry state. Honestly, a demon losing his arms to a sick human is simply pathetic. "They have priests with them and a really annoying small halfling elf. It wasn't Harvey's fault" behind Harvey comes out a lovely girl. Her features was emphasized by the moonlight, as if an angel had descended before them. But of course, the crimson eyes tells them that it was not the case at all

Michael's face sank. He stood there in confusion and silence. Just like him, Julius was in a state of turmoil. Why...why is the heroine here?

--------------------------------------------------------
Heya, I'm back!!!!

Belated Happy New Year my beloved readers 🎉🎉🎊🎊