Chapter 21

Baggage

"What?.......uh....what are you-", flustered, Siam stuttered. He's not even trying to deny it. What a funny guy. "Well I don't have anything against your kind. Just don't get caught, I think you know what I mean". Siam pursed his lip, nodding silently. Well as long as he doesn't sabotage the raid, then it is alright. An additional eyes is what he needed for the trial.

"It seems that you are quite fond of that porter", Ruiz commented. "Well he is a timid kid, quite obedient as well"." Why, are you jealous?", Julius teased. "A little. I was wondering if Mr. Julius would treat me that kindly as well", Ruiz answered, shamelessly pouting. "I think the viscount was correct, you're really crazy", Julius shake his head. Ruiz was someone with a few loose screw in his head

"Oh don't mind that guy. Blame me for being a talented, handsome, rich and very adorable person. It's only natural for me to gain their envy",Ruiz preach, dramatically brushing his hair. "I'm really sinful". Crazy, Julius thought. "Brother, leave that lunatic. The preparation is done, let's proceed inside", Julian said, purposely ignoring Ruiz. His dead pan eyes was a tell tale that he was used to his friend's antics.

"By the way, did you get any clues?", the elder looks at his brother. "None. As usual, no one could read those runes", Julian sighed. It really was a pity. If they have a hint, perhaps they could prepare a proper countermeasure for the trial. "Those experts, they could not read it?", Julius  stops. Impossible, even he, a normal guy could read it. How come those raiders could not? Don't they usually encounter those writings in their raid? "Well they said it wasn't their field. Perhaps a scholar who researches the towers' language could", the young head said. The towers' existence will always be a mystery.

Julius frowns. How could that be? Is it another plot hole? Obviously Michael and his team could perfectly comprehend the towers' language. Anyway, he'll have to find one of those  so called scholars. Otherwise his leisure life could be affected if he let  such a plot hole be.

"Sir, the door is opening!"

Alas, Julius doesn't have the luxury to think right now. He still needed to finish this trial first.

Inside, a large swamp greeted their sight. The black water looks ominous, the dark wood growing from it made the swamp even more hidious. "F**k. It smells like rotting corpse. It's even worse than the swamp in the spider's forest!!", the raiders complained. The knights also scrunched their noses, the stench was really ghastly.

What do you expect? This swamp is literally made of humans' bodily fluid, so to speak, it's even worse than a rotting corpse. Julius thought, before covering his nose. Anyway, this stench is really ungodly. "Stop complaining. The trial has already started!!", unlike the rest, Julian was unfazed. He really was a role model knight.

"Mr. Julius, how are we going pass to the other side? Are we going to waddle in those water?", Ruiz asked, he was pointing at the disgusting swamp. "Unless you want to rot as well. We will use those vines", he was exasperated. Who would even want to walk in that black water? "Oh. That's good to hear". Like the lunatic he is, Ruiz immediately jump over the vines that had grown all over the woods, expertly swinging in each vines. The others pointed at him, looking at the frowning Julian.

"Cowards!!", of course Ruiz still had the gall to taunt people as he swing to the other side. "Don't mind that idiot. Knights,pair up. Carry those who cannot jump over", the knights followed suit. "Don't mind us", Hurial said. Julian nodded. Well this is the raiders' area of expertise, their body were agile enough to adapt to any situation.

"Since everyone had paired up. I just want to remind you one thing; don't ever touch the water. The swamp itself is a trap. It will immediately rot any organic material that touches it. Those trees are an exception, even if it's a tree, it was made of inorganic materials which is a by product of the tower. Unless you want to become a puddle of disgusting mess, avoid the waters. I hope that  everyone could safely reach the other side"

Julius was rather firm. Unless anyone was stupid enough, they would be able to detect that the swamp it self had abnormalities. The tower was an unforgiving place, this is no place for a fool. Well Ruiz was an exception; at least he is a talented fool. He probably had enough instinct to avoid the water.

"Well even if the swamp isn't a trap, there is no way we would touch that", a female knight said. Well she is correct. The water really is disgusting. "Brother, shall I take you?" Julian awkwardly look at his brother. "Boss, leave the other healers to us", Hurial volunteered. His men unceremoniously pick up the clerics, who of course shriek in shame and surprise.

"You asshole! We're not  sacks of rice!", a member of Athena's church screamed indignantly. The raiders laughed, ignoring the poor man who was flailing around. "Don't struggle. Do you want me to throw you in that swamp?", Hurial warned him, if this guy still resist him, he would really dump him to rot. "I'm just a luggage. Just a normal luggage", behind them, a fellow member of his church whispers in a mantra, he too was being carried by a male rogue. Seeing this, Julius really doesn't know whether to laugh or cry, it was a chaotic scene. Well the clerics would really argue, most of them were high ranking individuals, being carried in such a manner was huge mental burden for them. Meanwhile, the priestesses were taken by the female knights, most of them was graceful enough to hide their embarrassment.

"I can take him", surprisingly, the introverted Siam move forward.  Julian gave him a look over, as if assessing his whole being. "No. I don't think you could carry my brother", as a matter of fact, Julian refuse. Siam sighed, well most people would say that. He really was scrawny, its a question if he could even carry an adult man. "I could carry him. Even if I look like this, I work as a porter. I'm used to carrying baggages twice my size",Siam said, looking at the silent Julius. "No need. I could carry my brother-"

"Its fine. I'll go with him",Julius answered in his stead. Well it's only natural, he was the person involved after all. Julian gawked at the two, wondering why his brother would bother that young man. "Sir, I could really carry him. Besides, Sir Julius is quite light. He's not even as heavy as the bags that I can carry", Siam smiled at the younger Achinuss.

"This punk-"

Julius was carried off to the woods before he could smack Siam's head.
This party was really full of annoying party members.

_____________________________________

Thanks for reading!!!