Chapter 24

A friend

"Are you guys trying to kill him?", a rouge appeared behind them, looking at the two with disdain. These two idiots have a lot of nerve. First, breaking away from the group; second,putting a very important client in grave danger. Clearly these two did not know the basic manners that a raider should have; self awareness and caution.

"Please bring our dear client back to our camp's tent, before you break him into pieces", Hurial took the initiative. This person is that famous Julian Achinuss' brother. If something where to happen to him during his employment, he might not just lost his job; his team could also loss their lives.

The young elf reluctantly brought Julius to his tent, still unwilling to hand him over Michael. Seeing this, Michael was about to start another argument, but was stop by Hurial's glare. Tsk. He cannot start a fight with the raider's leader here, he still needed to stay low profile.

"What happened to my brother?", Julian asked, worriedly looking at his brother's pale expression. He came running the moment he landed safely to the other side. Leaving his brother to a young and inexperienced person was not a good idea, he should have carried his own brother himself.

Siam slumped in the corner, regretting his idiocy. If he had just waited for the others to come, Sir Julius will not have to suffer. It was definitely that demon kin's fault, he wanted to harm Sir Julius. When Julian came, the young elf hid in embarrassment.He was confident when he promised the knight that he would keep the cleric safe, yet the man is currently groaning in pain, suffering from such a high fever.

Michael, who was banned from going inside, waited in frustration outside. That damn fool is sick, he cannot believe just how delicate he is. Isn't he a man? Even Miriam is more sturdy that him. Getting sick over such trivial matter, that priest is troublesome. That damn rouge is not good either, treating him as if he was a pest. It was obviously that half ling's fault, so why is he one being treated like a dangerous person?

That half ling will be dealt by him. He just needed to stay low for now. "Oh my what's this? Why is there a lost soul outside my friend's tent?", a cleric clad in black sneered, staring at the frowning Michael with judging eyes.
At this moment, the man felt extreme impulse to directly gouge out the rude priest's eyes. Who is he to humiliate him?

"The priest is here, please look after him", Hurial interrupted them, ignoring the men's scowling expressions. "Gah!!! What are you doing inside my friend's private abode? You damn barbarian!!!", the priest shriek in surprise. Why is this crude person attending on Julius; this is not proper at all!!

Hurial merely narrowed his eyes in displeasure, he remembered that this high end annoying priest from Athena's church is the only high ranking cleric that has arrived. Just when will the others reached them? He already wanted to switch out this person. "Get out from his tent!!",the priest screeched in disgust.

"Talk again and I'll pull your tounge out", Hurial wave his dagger, pointing at the screaming priest. The latter yelled in anger before running inside the tent.

"Julius.....*cough.......you should not let such barbarian to accompany *cough you", the priest huffed, slumping beneath Julius' bed.

"Bishop Jade, I am glad you safely landed", despite the priest's abrupt appearance, Julian still politely greeted him, smiling amicably. "Oh, thank you Sir Julian, I did not know you were inside as well", Jade bowed in return, quickly fixing his appearance. His recent outburst was too unbecoming of him.

To think that the young house head is here, he did not expected this at all. In the first place, he only joined this suicidal expedition because he heard that Julius himself started this. He wanted to question his friend, but Julius is too hard to contact this days. He too was astonished to hear that the aloof Julius adopted kids, and now he even wanted to enter a tower willingly.

And why is his friend's enemy accompanying him? Most importantly, why is Julius ignoring him? As his friend, he should be informing him of such significant development!!!

Jade looked at the sick Julius grievously, he felt like his friend is hiding something from him. I could still remember the time where you would cursed your brother's name everytime you breath, so why are the two of you together like this? Jade wanted to ask him, but he is still too ill to even properly talk right now, so he'll probably do that later.

______________________________________

Thanks for reading!!!!