Chapter 8

New Perspective

Right after his first raid, Julius was greeted with the sight of joyous people, cebrating their safe return. The towns men merrily prepared a small feast, admiring Leo's successful raid. No one mentioned the dead, with a few pursposely ignoring it. Poor Harold, despite being such a cruel man, no one  wasted their tears on him.

Julius excuse his self, bidding his farewell at the sniffing Aria. The twins ran after him, gigling. He was then greeted by his fellow clergymen, attending an evening mass.

That evening, after placating the twins to sleep, Julius sneak his living baggage back to his villa. Thankfully, Julius did own a private property, situated under the hill behind the church.

Groaning, Julius busied himself, looking after the injured man. The man toss to and fro, as if seeing an endless loop of nightmare. As such , the poor priest was deprived of his sleep.

"Damn it, what am I thinking?, just when I thought of running away from troubles, now here I even brought one right in my own home. Shit. Won't the bishop excummunicate me for this?", mumbling, Julius began questioning his life choices. Never had he done such a reckless thing before, with him being a rational thinker.

Looking at his sleeping patient, he was even more convince that he might be one who was cursed instead. Bringing a cursed man and even healing him, the bishop would deffinitely cry in agony.

____________________________________

One week pass by, Julius had quickly adapted to his new lifestyle. His morning would be spent attending and initaiting masses, followed by offering counseling to their believer. His afternoon would be taken by the twins, training both their taming skills and support skills. Then his entire evening would be spent healing that injured man. It was a week of hell. He barely sleep.

"If I continue this, I won't last long.", sighing, he rested his disgruntled  figure. This type of lifestyle would kill him.

"No....."

He was awaken. Julius schecked his patient, worriedly inspecting his status. The man lie placidly, mumbling incoherrents words in his slumber. His face had already healed, yet the scars remained. Scabs from wound were quite visible, covering the entirety of his frame.

"Hey man, I don't who you are, or who did this to you. Just hang in there.",as though comforting him, Julius gently whispered, offering his sincere consolation. As if hearing him, the man look back at him, his eyes devoid of any emotion.

"Would you die like this?"

Julius whispered, comforting the man back to his sleep.

_____________________________________

Michael spent his entire week in a dreamland. There he dream off his early childhood. He never saw his parents, nor did he know a single thing about them. All he knew that his mom was a normal commoner, who married a mysterious man. Later on, he was taken to an orphanage, where he met Harvey and Alice, his first love.

Alice is such a cheerful girl, her small gigles and beaming smiles save him from his doubts and troubles. Even though everyone is afraid of him, branding him as a child of sin, Alice remained by side, becoming his sole solace in that hellhole.

Later on he met Harvey, a bad tempered child, even more destructive than him. Those days were the happiest moments of his life, where he doesn't have a single worry.

Time went by and so they grew, together, the three of them began dreaming. They would become the best party there is. They would conquer towers and collect the artifacts, then they would wish the gods to grant them their desires.

Michael never wish for anything, except for everyone to acknowledge him, for him to stand on his own and for Alice to accept him.

Those were his happiest memories, fighting together with friends and having the support of his beloved woman. Alice and him have never compromise, yet they both knew what they feel. Just like that, they make promises to marry and create their own happy family after their adventures.

However, like a turbid dirty swamp, his dreams began to change. Who would have known, that the very woman he cherish, enshrined and love would be the same person to turn her blades at him. To think that she would side the devil.

She's the same person who made him believe in something, yet she's also the same person who would kill his heart. That smiling girl he first saw at the orphanage was  long gone.

She changed. Of all people, it was her. The cold blade on his stomach and the cold eyes still hangs on vividly at his mind. He lost it. Both her and Harvey.
She was the first to initiate, howevr, it was Harvey who threw him down that pit.

He still remembered their cold eyes as though mocking him. Yes. They should mock him. If he weren't so naive, he should've notice when things began to change. Whne was it?
He never knew. Perhaps it was his punishment for looking only straight at head, he probably never look back at the people who followed his back.

What damn hero he is.In end, he couldn't save anyone, not even himself. Poor Miriam. If she had only stayed as a noble, she would have at least kept her life. That hideous demon took everything. His friend , his party and his beloved.

Nothings left. How could he go on. He deserve to die like this. Swallowed by the unforgiving tower.