Chapter 23

Chase

After safely arriving at the other side, the elf huffed in relief. It looks like he had survived. However, Julius had lost consciousness. The other side was nothing but a rocky dreary land, there was no suitable place to lay the sick man .The others hasn't reached the other side, only the porters who were busy accounting their bags. The healers had yet to arrive.

"What happened to him?" A tall porter approached them, intimidating the elf.

"Sir.....he.....I think he fainted"

Siam cannot control his emotion. That horrid thing made him remember some unpleasant memories. "Give him to me", Michael ignored the young man, the half lings' state is none of his concern.

"I can't"

"What?"

"Sir.....I can't....."

"Huh?!",Michael frowns, growing impatient by the moment. This impertinent child is starting to annoy him. "Stop mumbling!!!!Just give him to me". Somehow, that shady priest had fallen unconscious. His face is also feverish. How can a person who possess healing attribute even catch a cold?

"No!!!!" Panicking, Siam took the unconscious man away. "Brat!! What are you doing?", Michael followed in pursuit. Unknowingly, the two separated from the group.

"No way!!!!"

Siam yelled in frustration. Sir Julius isn't waking up. He cannot give him to that dangerous man. Even if he hides his body in multiple bandages, he cannot hide that disgusting aura around him. Even if he is a half elf, he could still detect the curses coming out from the man.

"Just shut up and hand him over!", the annoyed Michael shouted in response. This useless chasing is merely wasting his time. "That fool ....no..Julius is my responsibility. So quietly give him to me so I could check his condition".

"Liar. There's no way you are his guardian. That disgusting stench you emit......you must be a member of the demon folk.", Siam covers the man in his arm. This situation is dangerous, he is still weak, it would be difficult for him to fight off a demon kin.

"Brat....."

Annoyed, Michael lunge at the running elf, determined to beat some manners to the rude half ling. Siam dodges the blade, jumping towards the dead trees. "Stop scrambling like a worm!!". The agile elf smoothly evaded his strikes, using the dark woods to block the latter's vision.

"Stop jumping!!!", A veteran like Michael could easily track his enemy's movement. Cutting of Siam's route, the dead trees were cut off in one clean strike, removing the rest of the woods that blocks his path.

Amidst this was the frail Julius, who was groaning uncomfortably. The amount of shaking had awaken him, it was practically impossible to stay unconscious with the amount of tossing he was experiencing. This brat Siam really doesn't know how to handle a sick person.

Let me faint peacefully......If this goes on, he might split his head in half. "S...Siam....put me down. Stop shaking me......" Julius mumbled, hoping that the elf would hear him. Unfortunately for him, Siam had his attention towards their pursuer, who was still bulldozing menacingly towards them.

"Don't worry sir. I'll definitely find a way to escape. You'll be fine", Siam placated the groaning man in his arms. No.....let me down....I feel like puking.... Julius frowns, he was too weak to slap Siam right now.

"Really?!!", Michael sneered behind him, kicking the younger man off the tree. The two stumbled down, making Siam loss his footing before hitting the hard rock below them. "You damn demon!!", Siam cursed, glaring at the offender. "Then you should have given up when I ask you to" , his tone was arrogant, making the elf seeth in anger.

"You cursed b-

Blergh.......

The two stop scowling. It was only until then that they realize that the person who needed immediate medical attention is currently kneeling on the ground, vomiting his guts out. Although he wanted to cursed and punch the two, his headache was too mind splitting. It was an agonizing pain, the first time he had ever felt.

These idiots who lacks consideration and sensitivity is destined to remain single in their entire life, Julius thought, before fainting again.

_____________________________________

Thanks for reading...

This came late......online classes is just too much......😴😴😴

Stay safe