Chapter 10

Insanity

"Bellare grew up again!"

"No,Miira, Mister Julius left that for me!"

"Not fair Liira, I took that first!"

"Ok kids,there's enough food for all of us. Stop fighting."

Down a spacious dining hall, the twins happily ate their meal, squabling over trival matters. There, Miira pouted, while Liira triumphantly showed off her prize- a small piece of wild fruit Julius pick up near the garden.

Baffled, Michael continued to observe the trio, hiding behind a mast of pillar. Those two were quite famous. They were known as the illegitimate  children of the Theron household, poor souls who were used as walking tools by the greedy househead. Nevertheles, no one really said a thing since everyone where afraid to incur the wrath of the head.

As such, the poor girls joined raids despite their young age. It is quite a shocking thing that he would see these two laughing and acting like their actual age, considering that they were known to be quite cold blooded or should he say emontionless?

Looks like the Theron never got to say anything when the Achinuss family intervened, just like rats fearing a cat or a tiger perhaps. Needless to say, this priest feels really different from how he first met him. Unlike his past annoying fake smiles and false facade, now he looks more relax. Though he would try to look passive, but the slight twintching of his brows and the small curve of his were plenty obvious. His demeanor changed a lot.
Honestly, Michael prefer this changed rather than the past annoying face he usually presents.

"If you're hungry, then join us. There's plenty of food here"

As if noticing his presence, Julius urge him to come over. The girls also smiled, looking at him with beaming eyes.

"Its fine, we did not put anything weird in the food", continuing, Julius ate his food, looking impassively at the still wary man. Michael did not respond, instead, he focus on eating, silently observing the priest.

After their hearty meal, Julius guided the twins back to their practice. Ever since taming Bellare, the two were even more motivated to raise their taming skills.

"Have you drank you're medicine. I place plenty of those in the medicine box. That's near the bed by the way."

Glancing at the man Julius, let out a  sigh. He actually feel relieved now that his patient is awake. At least he won't be sacrificing his precious sleep anymore. It is actually quite hard running to and fro from his villa  back to church. Luckily, his fellow clergymen did not say anything even when he leave frequently. Though he probably should attend more masses these days, otherwise he'd be receiving suspicion.

"Will.....will you go back to church?", the man stop, his eyes devoid of any emotion. This dude probably thought that he would sell him out. Why would  he do that? He spent many days healing him, that would be in vain.

"I have to. It is my job to attend masses. If you're worried that I would sell you out, then don't fret. I don't have a hobby of tattling things. ", this time, he wanted to clear his self. This guy is way too cautious.

"That........", mumbling, the man strayed off, his hands formed into a tight fist, until his knuckles turned white. He seemed to say something, but opted to stay silent instead.

Julius observe him, feeling pity towards the man. Now he remembered. This fellow here is an unfortunate victim of a curse, although he does not know how and why he got it in the first place, but the fact remains that he was cursed. Sooner or later, if someone reported him, he'd be having the entire townsmen and holy knights hunting him throughout the entire town. That would be hellish.

Patting the man's shoulder, Julius could not offer him anything but a shelter, the rest lies on the man's fate.
Even with multiple healing and potions, the man's skin retained multiple scars. Not to mention that half of his face were reduced into an exposed flesh, making a gruesome sight. Though the bandage hides some of it, but his torn face will probably give anyone a fright.

"It is fine. Just rest."

Michael did not say anything, simply staring at the back of the leaving Julius. His emotion unknown.

____________________________________

Night falls and so Michael's nightmare. It always came, like an endless loop. There he saw both Alice and Harvey, laughing as he ran from an angry mob of people.....all faceless, screaming and wanting to tear him apart. He was like a hero to them in the past, now he was nothing but a lump of unwanted meat.

He toss to and fro, unable to extract his self from his unending misery. His voice hoarse, breathing ragged as he tried to calm the pain in his chest, it was as if a beast had clawed it apart.

"Hey, calm down. Its fine. I know your strong, you'll be okay. Everything's ok now, so just rest"

Suddenly, a voice called out to him. It was warm and gentle, urging him to rest. His eyes blurred, but he could faintly see it, a figure looking after him. His breathing stabilize, and his chest pain is finally gone. He doesn't know, but everytime he hears this voice, it would calm him down.

After calming, his weary eyes began to close, finally going back asleep, this time, he had a peaceful rest. The nightmare finally left him.