Chapter 34

Inside, Julius continued his pursuit, following the girl. How Michael ended this trial wasn't depicted, it was literally brushed over. He suspected that the damned author must be feeling lazy again, and directly skipped to getting the key. Truly a lazy writing.

Almost as if it was an instinct, he followed the girl, believing that the key must be with her. At dawn, the girl stopped at their god's statue, praying solemnly. " Have you had enough? Unlike my sister, I do not favor men very much" the girl's word were cold, dread was lingering around her.

Twice already. "Not my intention. I was wondering if you can guide me to the key. I presumed you were the priestess". Sighing, Julius knew. If it happened twice. Then there's no denying it. This girl and the older one can see him.

Hmmm.....what makes you think that. It could be my sister.....as if mocking him, the girl grinned, her face laden with pure innocence. However, Julius did not believed that. How could he, when this lad is not even hiding her hostility, while showing such a spiteful smile.

If its like this....then this whole thing must be the trial itself.......

" She is not your "sister" in that sense, isn't?" Julius approached her, looking directly at her. Grinning, the girl sheepishly look at him, eyes glowing into a beautiful silver hue.

In time with the setting of the sun, her hair glows, reflecting from the moonless night. " If she is not my sister, then who do you think she is?", countering his inquiry, Julius' backs away slowly, giving himself enough distance from the girl.

"What else? She is your goddess. Or master should I say?", Julius' stared back at her, noting her action. If his hunch is right, this could turn into a dangerous situation.

"Hahaha.....I guess you knew who I am......I thought all men are stupid. This is a rare occasion, few men can impressed me, and be allowed to live", amused, the girl laughs.

"I guess the riddle and your plea for help was just a scam...." Julius had accepted the fact that all the beautiful ladies he met so far had scammed him. Such fate is really cruel.

"Not entirely. It was part of the original trial. I changed it a bit, since an annoyance had attempted to hijack this place...." Gritting her teeth, Julius wondered what happened. Not to mention, the trial diverted from the original, since this girl was not supposed to live long, reincarnate as an evil spirit and flood corruption to the entire temple.

"Anyway, I presumed you're ready to accept your fate? Since I caught you, that means I get to forfeit your life", licking her lips, the girl materializes a bow out of thin air, aiming at the priest .

"How irrational, nymph of the forest. I guess it is true that among the guardians of the moon forest, you are the brazen, headless one. It is indeed rare to see this type of thing. I am impressed as much as I am disappointed" Julius retorted in dismay. This woman really changed the trial, even the rules, and then proceeded to decide the result all by herself. How is he supposed to know the content of the trial if she changed it completely? And now he should just calmly accept death with such an unreasonable logic.

"How dare you!" The girl screamed in anger, fuming as she draws her bow  with fierce intensity. "Enough, it was your fault for playing around in the first place. A trial is supposed to be brutal yet fair at the same time. Do not shame our master with such actions"
From behind, the girl who was bullying Phythia emerged. Golden eyes and hair shines in the dark praying hall, her features softening compared to that of the bully from  before.

"My master have given her will. If she allowed you to live, then it means you have completed this trial. Let me guide you to the key", bowing politely, she led me to outside the praying hall. Beyond the foggy Temple lies a rich greenery, full of life. A complete contrast from the dreary temple.

There, Pythia sat below the canopy of a large cypress. The moon shone so vividly, illuminating the place. An old woman stands behind her, face full of glee. It was if no one exist aside from the girl in front of her. On a closer look, she is Phythia's mentor.

"Greetings, goddess of the forest, overseer of the moon and champion of the hunt", Julius lowered his head, not daring to get a complete glimpse of her face. The goddess herself decided to show, it wasn't an incarnation this time. Although she is using Phythia's appearance, its her own person, unmistakably. Only the daughter of Leto can cast a moon over a dark sky.

" Child of Hestia. There is no need to fear me. You are the favored one by my aunt. I won't harm you", a muffled woman's voice echoed on his ear, making me he priest flinched. Argh....how did that cockroach managed to finished the trial? I'm sure he also talked with the goddess. Julius began considering when to pray for help from his beloved goddess.

"Since you have followed my nymph and identified her, it is only fair to award you the key from this place. And I must say, it had nothing to do with my aunt's constant nagging", with a wry smile, the goddess wave her hand. Obediently, the old woman scrambled to  approach Julius, her eyes never leaving the goddess.

"Do not look up, or else I'll gouge your eyes", suddenly, the old woman grabbed the priest's hands, making the poor man shriek in pain. " Don't you dare lay your eyes upon her person", the old bag whispered, greatly confusing the poor priest. Golden eyes, it was as if it was the sun. On a closer look, Julius observed the old woman's eyes. It was fiery, like the raging sun.

F*ck.....what is Apollo doing in here?

_____________________________________
Sorry for the long wait. School work is eating my time ....😭

Anyway, Thanks for reading!!!