[ eighteen ]

— it took me a while to remember how to spell eighteen

"I can't wait!" Haruto said as he clenched his bag straps tightly, skipping instead of walking. Today he would start at Shotaros school and get to meet all of his friends, this was the moment he'd been waiting for. Haruto let his arm sling around the back of Shotaros neck and he pulled the shorter towards him into a side hug. "What's your school like? Is it different from the one in Japan?"

Shotaro shrugs, he couldn't contain his excitement either. He hadn't seen his former best friend in years and now he was here, he had almost burst into tears when he saw Haruto at the doorstep. At first, Shotaro was mad that he and Yuta kept it a secret from him but he shortly forgave them and just had fun watching a movie with those two. "It's pretty much the same other than the language and scenery I guess."

"Oh really? What're your friends like? Are they nice? Are they hot?"

At the last question Shotaro let out a laugh and pushed Haruto off of him. "Hey, you're here to study, not get into a relationship."

There was a pout on Harutos lips but it was soon wiped off with a mischievous grin. "How about us, Shosho?"

"What?" Shotaro raised a brow.

Haruto winked. "Let's be in a rel-"

Haruto was cut off by a fist landing on his stomach, the boy doubling over and holding it in pain. "Shit, Shosho, when did your punches get so strong?"

"Shut up, Harhar."

"What kinda fucking nickname is Harhar?"

————

The two of them entered the school and Shotaro guided him to his group of friends out in the school garden, sitting in a circle. Donghyuck was the first to notice the two of them and waved his hand. "Hey Shotaro, who's this?"

"That's Haruto, he's my friend from Japan."

"Best friend," Haruto corrected him, grinning at everyone else and waving. "Nice to meet you all, I hope we can all get along!"

"Me too, sit down!" Chenle patted the spot next to himself and Haruto gladly took a seat, Shotaro sitting down by him, neither of them noticing the glare directed onto Haruto.

Everyone restarted their conversations, the two newcomers occasionally joining in but also having their own conversation with Chenle.

"So, Haruto," a cold voice interrupted their conversation, all three of their heads turning to the boy who just began to speak. "What brings you to Korea?"

"Oh, what brings me to Korea?" Haruto asks and the other boy who asked the question nods, that's what he just said why was this weird kid asking. "It's because I missed my Shosho~" Haruto hugged Shotaro tightly causing the other Japanese boy to let out a small groan at nearly having his ribcage crushed. After the hug, Haruto glanced back at the boy who asked the question. "Sorry I don't believe I got your name earlier. May I ask what it is?"

"Sungchan. Shotaros best friend."

Shotaro felt his stomach drop at the two boys who looked to be having a glare off with each other. Wanting to break the awkward tension that had made their entire friend group go silent, Shotaro let out an awkward, fake laugh. "Ahah. You're both my best friends, don't worry. I like you both equally."

"I need to use the restroom," Haruto states, ruffling Shotaros hair as he stood up. "I'll be back."

Everyone let out a chorus of hums and a few minutes after he left, Sungchan stood. "I'll go to class early."

That made Shotaro worried. What if he was off to find Haruto? With that, Shotaro grabbed his bag. "I-I'll come with you."

"No, stay!" Sungchan said quickly and then realised what he'd just done. He let out an awkward chuckle and scratched his nape. "I mean, I'm going to study so I need some peace and quiet."

"Oh," Shotaro didn't know whether to believe him or not but he let him go, not wanting to begin a fight.

————

Sungchan walked through the bustling halls and towards the direction of the bathroom. Yes, he lied. Yes. he's terrible at lying. Yes, they all probably know he's gone to find Haruto. Ever since that boy showed up with Shotaro he felt a pang of jealousy hit through his chest and immediately didn't like him. He was too touchy with Shotaro and he claimed that he was Shotaros best friend which is clear he isn't, the two of us have been best friends for years. Haruto cant just come in and ruin everything, he should fly back to Japan and never return.

Sungchan entered the boys bathroom to see Haruto washing his hands and fixing his hair in the large mirror making him scoff, leaning against the doorframe. Haruto had heard a noise and he turned towards where the other was, letting a smirk creep on his face. "Oh, if it isn't Shotaros so-called best friend."

"Oh, if it isn't the trash Shotaro left in Japan," Sungchan returned, annoyance laced in his voice. Who was he to just invade their lives like this?

Harutos hand twitched at that, he dried off his hands and walked over to Shotaro, standing right in front of him. Sungchan was the slightest bit taller, possibly just a centimetre so the two of them looked to be the same height, both looking intimidating right about now. "Listen, I came here to reunite with my best friend who left to Korea for dance. You can't steal Shotaro from me, alright? So keep your annoying ass away from him."

"You have no right to tell me to do that, I've been Shotaros best friend ever since he got to Korea. Go back to Japan you fucking asshole."

Haruto clicked his tongue before pinning Sungchan against the wall harshly putting pressure down on his chest. "Shut the fuck up."

"Wow, so scary, I think I just pissed my pants," Sungchan said in a mocking voice. Before the taller could continue a punch landing right on his jaw, making a small cut on his lip that he had gotten at camp burst, blood trickling down. Sungchan held his jaw and stared at Haruto in anger before pouncing on him, both boys sending kicks and punches to each other harshly that it looked like a death match, a crowd starting to form from the entrance of the bathroom, a mix of males and females despite it being the boys bathroom, many of them having their phones out to record this and being bystanders, none of them daring to stop the two.

Except one.

why did no one tell me to watch 'attack on titan' earlier!?!;! it's the best thing i've ever watched and i thought i'd never catch myself watching anime 😭😭😭