[ twenty - nine ]

"Sungchan.." Shotaro began, looking down towards their interlaced hands. They were close to the school and he didn't know how the reactions of their friends would be.

The taller male hummed in reply, looking down with a smile. "Something wrong Taro?"

"I.. Feel bad," Shotaro said, eyes fixated on the concrete below them, nervousness filling his bones further as he started to hear the loud noises coming from students at their school. "Haruto doesn't know, he's still waiting for an answer. Can we keep this a secret? Just for a little bit so that I can talk to Haruto."

"Yeah, of course. Take your time."

Shotaro smiled awkwardly and bowed his head a little, taking his hand from Sungchans warm one, feeling a little sad about doing that. As he slid his hand into the pocket of his hoodie he frowned, it was way warmer and he felt much safer with his hand enclosed in Sungchans larger one but he can't risk letting Haruto see them together like this, Haruto was his best friend and he didn't want to hurt him in this way. He told Haruto he'd think about whether he should say yes or no to his confession but he just went ahead and got with Sungchan.

He felt terrible.

Even though the answer was going to be a 'no' anyway he couldn't help but feel as if a knife had been plunged through his chest, he felt like he'd done something terrible. How can he say something like that and get with someone else right away without even talking to the other about it.

"I'll go ahead first, I need to look for Haruto. It would be better to tell him my answer now instead of making him wait longer. It would make me feel worse."

"Alright.. I'll wait a minute after you go. If anything happens, call me." Sungchan said while giving Shotaro a stern glare. He only knew little about Haruto but from what he knew, he wasn't someone who could take things lightly.

Shotaro took a deep breath and focused on the path in front of him before walking forward, squeezing his way through groups of people, keeping his eye open for Haruto. He still had no idea what exactly he was going to say, he was kept awake nearly all of last night, worry filling him as his thoughts were completely directed to Haruto. He felt like a total dick, Haruto was expecting an answer without knowing anything about what was happening between Shotaro and Sungchan the night after his confession.

"Shosho!"

Shotaro turned around at the familiar voice and nickname, letting a warm smile tug on his face after seeing the boy he was looking for, jogging up to him. "Haruto, I was just looking for you!"

"Is it about last night?" Haruto says, gnawing on the inside of his cheek nervously, avoiding eye-contact. "You don't have to tell me the answer right away if your not-"

"I've got an answer, don't worry. Can we go somewhere more quiet?"

"Yeah, sure!" Harutos heart was banging against his chest and he felt his hands get sweaty. He begged for Shotaro to accept and give back his feelings but half of him felt like he knew the real answer, and it wasn't a good one. He reached his hand out to grab Shotaros hand that was dangling at the boys side, looking soft and warm but he immediately drew his hand back. He shouldn't do anything, he doesn't know the answer yet.

The two of them arrived at the schools garden that was almost empty, only a few people around with their own friends, giving the two boys a good amount of space. When they had stopped, Shotaro turned so he was now facing the taller male, he was even more nervous than Haruto was at this moment. "So.."

"Just say it," Haruto huffed, ruffling his hair. "If it's a no, don't worry. It won't hurt for that long, I'll be alright. After all, I can't force you to say yes, can I? I don't have a love potion."