[ twenty-one ]

Shotaro had just waved a goodbye to Haruto as the younger left to look at some books in the library. He now walked alone through the busy halls, trying to find Donghyuck or Jaemin.

"Shotaro!"

At the sound of that voice, Shotaro halted. His heart began beating at a faster pace and the grasp on his bag straps tightened, he had yet to turn around nor did he want to. People gave him annoyed glares for stopping in the middle of the busy hall, having to walk around him but Shotaro currently couldn't give one shit about what the other people had to say. Finally, making a decision, he made his feet move at a faster pace as he tried his best to dodge people and get away from the tall male chasing after him.

"Shotaro, wait up," the voice called, "Please!"

He clenched the inside of his cheek and hesitated, he really thought about stopping and letting the other talk to him but he decided against it. Just as Shotaro was about to escape to an empty classroom a hand grabbed his wrist, turning him around so he could look at the male who had been calling for him.

"Please, let's talk."

Sungchan, as much as Shotaro hated to admit it, was looking as good as ever. His brown fluffy hair fell over his forehead and his chocolate brown eyes stared right into his own, looking innocent and cute. Oh, and don't even get Shotaro started on his lips-

But, he should not be thinking like that at a time like this. He was supposed to be mad at Sungchan.

"About what, there's nothing to talk about, let me go," Shotaro said, attempting to shake his hand away from Sungchans grasp but the grip only tightened. 

"Yesterday, just please let me explain. You only need to give me five minutes, you don't need to forgive me right away but I just want to tell you my side of the story. You forgave Haruto easily but not me."

"Fine but let's go in the classroom."

Sungchan nodded and they both entered the classroom, Sungchan shutting the door after they had both entered. Shotaro took a seat at one of the desks and Sungchan sat across from him, letting out a long sigh.

"Well, are you going to start?" Shotaro said in a bored tone.

Sungchan clicked his tongue. "I was just collecting my thoughts, now I'll begin." Sungchan let his eyes meet with Shotaros and he began talking right away, hoping that this would go well and all will be forgiven. "I just wanted to talk to Haruto in private so I went into the bathroom and somehow our conversation turned into a fight, both of us arguing who your real best friend was. Things got out of hand and Haruto punched me and I I just fought back which was immature, I honestly deserved that punch. I shouldn't have gone to talk to him, it's like I was asking for a fight. I'll try to get along with him from now on."

Shotaro was speechless, trying to process everything that Sungchan had just said to him. He never thought to get Sungchans side of the story which was stupid, he should have talked to Sungchan as well so he would understand, it wasn't fair how he just sided with Haruto. "I agree that it was immature, even if you weren't the one to initiate the physical fight you were the one to initiate the verbal fight which led to the physical fight. I will forgive you but I'd rather you just not talk to Haruto because I don't want it leading to something worse."

A smile tugged at Sungchans lips and he nodded, he got himself off of the chair and stood, stretching his arm to Shotaro. The Japanese looked at his hand in confusion before realizing, he took hold of the youngers hand and Sungchan pulled him up, Shotaro bumping into him and colliding with his chest. The brown haired boy only wrapped his arms around him and let his chin rest on Shotaros head.

"W-What are you doing?"

"Giving you a hug, let's stay here for a while."

Shotaro gulped but nodded anyway, they had hugged many times before but this time it felt different. He let his head rest on Sungchans chest and comfortable silence filled the room, he missed being embraced by Sungchan and he certainly wouldn't mind waking up in this boys arms each morning.